Snow busting!

Will'smotobikes19

Not with the hills around me. When I try it it just jerks the bike and shuts off. I had to kick with my feet to keep the rpm running it wouldn’t keep going if I didn’t kick because I didn’t have pedals. You must have some upgrades to increase power.

Frogslayer

Auto clutches are nice too, you can use the left bar for another lever or keep it open, no extra cable. Easy to ride. I do feel like they take away some of the lower usable RPM s of the engine. You won't win a race at 1500 rpms on a China girl but you'll still accelerate and gain speed with a fully engaged drive train.

Frogslayer

Only upgrades i did were to slip flit the crank, didn't port really at all but removed casting flaws. Left transfers pretty mis matched between the jug and case and I'm sure it's hurting my power at high RPMs but I've been taking it easy on this since it's only been run 2.5 hours so far. I don't know if the straighter exhaust helps at all. After i can stand the cold enough to get to 5 or 10 hours I'm going to tear it down and put some decent bearings in it. Match the ports and transfers, dimple the piston and head and intake and transfers, sand head down to increase compression slightly. Probably shoot for like 120 psi. Probably cut the baffle down some. Will probably need to re jet as well.

Frogslayer

But then again you guys are from the Midwest where it’s all flat.
Long ago a large glacier melted created a lake and huge river called the great river Warren. It cut through soil sand clay and gravel all the way to the bed rock and left a large valley that the Minnesota river uses now. It's over a mile wide makes for extreme sledding and downhill biking. Seen kids straight break arms.

The_Aleman

Much of the midwest may not have hills but they sure have wind, which is what got me into this thing :LOL:

CrazyDan

Much of the midwest may not have hills but they sure have wind, which is what got me into this thing :LOL:
I hate riding when its windy. Especially at high speeds next to a bus or semi-truck. I keep staring at my pile of knobbies and want to make a set of studded tires before the snow melts. Might be fun on Big bear lake or lake Arrowhead.