snowmobile bike anyone?

I think the ktrac would be a brilliant idea and I would shell out the cash if i had it. Im hoping by next year Ill be able to test this out. From what i heard, (daily planet)there isnt much more resistance with this kit on packed snow compared to a regular tire on pavement. Your limit for snow depth is as high as your clearance when pedaling. I would say a foot of snow would be ok. All I would want to know is if you could mount a sprocket on the disk brake mount. I would put a studded tire instead of a ski on the front, I think the ski would be to awkward.

Here's a quick link on Youtube of someone test riding the Ktrak with a front instead of a ski and they are having no problems going x-country and even uphill in the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFieUhFwlY

I've got a Norco Shore F/S mountain bike that this kit would be ideal for, or I could even put it on a hard tail mountain bike and then be able to attach my engine kit on it!!!!!! Not quite sure how I'll be able to mount the sprocket since there are no traditional spokes on the Ktrak rear wheel. But I'm sure with a little machining, I can figure out a way to bolt it onto the existing disc rotor. Looks like it could be a great project for next year!!!!!!

Cheers..............
Steve

Back