So, any winter build projects?

I have sooo many unfinished projects.... & last night, I picked out a NEW one.(go figure :cool: )
I have everything on hand to put this together.

so today I prep & paint this frame.
this is a kid's cruiser with 20" wheels...my buddy's 11 year old son. (not to worry, he's been riding minibikes, scooters & pocketbikes for years.)
I've got apehangers....this is just the mock up

100_2415E.jpg

tight fit, eh?

100_2432EEE.jpg

Dave your shop kinda looks like mine,but neater
20" mb sweet,keep us updated. louis

Attachments

• DSCN0300.JPG
    DSCN0300.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0301.JPG
    DSCN0301.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 164
I think i'm going to do just the opposite. After 35 years of tinkering i'm shying away
from anything mechanical. Im tired, burnt, spent. I even took my car "IN" for a oil change
for the first time ever. Fried, baked, toasted. (This will pass:whistle:)

Then will come this season called "spring". Then I will create something spectacular.
I will be surfing here for fun and ideas. Also to watch everyone flourish and grow in
their projects. The MB's just keep getting better and better. I'm not giving up....Just regrouping.

I did most of my projects through summer till now. Just got a 4L fuel tank off ebay, wow am I going to be able to a week solid to work and back plus my errands now. Should regrease the bearings in the wheels and i have a high quality needle bearing sitting in my toolbox so later on I will pull the head and jug and install it, Probably check the compression and if its down I will throw in a new set of rings in as well.

The Buggy Bike is my winter project. I ride it every day but it's not finished till I get that 3 speed squared away and a decent paint job.
For a decent paint job that would mean taking it all apart so that may not happen at all for that's my ride when the ice is out.
Maybe I'll do the paint job in the spring when I dust off Cronus from hibernation.

I did most of my projects through summer till now.

Yeah, me too. A lot of good riding weather went by and I missed it by being occupied with building bikes. Not this year, that's why I'm starting early. By the time spring rolls around I want 3 bikes primed and set to go with build and maintenance done, one each for me and the Mrs. and one spare.
Looking forward to those long summer evenings. :cool:

Back