So, any winter build projects?

Happy Valley

Local time
10:58 AM
14 degress last night so instead of doing much riding I'm planning the future.

Off the deep end with this antique : DSCF0085.JPG

Got a K2 Proflex in a trade and it's one of those 'I paid little so let's see how much I can throw at rebuilding it' things.

Got a new Robin EHO35 sitting on the bench, now just need to figure how the heck I'm gonna mount it.

Should be fun. Should.:unsure:

Got a build project this winter?

Attachments

• robin.jpg
    robin.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Let's see -

1: Finish TLE43/CVT rack mount project.
2: Get "Harbor Freight Special" 2.5 OHV 4 stroke rack mount project off the ground and running. (have a new engine, but that's all.....)

Rebuild the carb on a Craftsman snow blower I found in the trash. Sell and buy more bike parts. :)

My main project for the winter is to learn welding (I'm waitng for delivery of a MIG Welder). I wanna start building my own frames.

We just finished a trike,headed to Clearwater.fla for the weekend. Come back and get back to work.
Picked up a new Moondog and got a pair of West Pointe (His & hers) That will be done before Dec 25.

Attachments

• Copy of 26 064.jpg
    Copy of 26 064.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Copy of 11-17-08 015.jpg
    Copy of 11-17-08 015.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 224
My main project for the winter is to learn welding (I'm waitng for delivery of a MIG Welder). I wanna start building my own frames.

Welding with MIG is pretty easy to learn. Every shop should have a small MIG welder for repairs and fabricating parts. When times were lean, I could not afford to have a new exhaust system put on our car - so I kept repairing the rotting exhaust system with the welder. When I finally got a new exhaust system installed, the shop tech was laughing his butt off because nearly 1/3 of the exhaust was cobbled together by me.

What kind of welder did you buy? I'm going to upgrade mine to a Lincoln 180C. It is their small 220V model. I figured 110V capability wasn't important since I run the welder from a portable generator anyway.

I never thought of building a custom frame, or even modifying a frame. I suppose a hydraulic pipe bender would be needed. In any case, it sounds like a cool plan!

Clean nd detail the whizzer some more. Start Building the frame and tank for the new whizzer powered board tracker. finish my 1937 Shelby Bicycle 1938 shelby Bicycle and 1939 Elgin Bicycle. It's going to be a busy winter......lol

Arcee, I ordered a 110v Firepower welder. I didn't want to bother wiring this cabin for 220. I would have liked to buy a Lincoln or a Hobart, but the shipping would have killed me (there are no brown delivery vans in this area). The Firepower I can get through work, basically wholesale and no delivery charge. It should be here in a couple of weeks.

winter build

Just got done adding 14" to my magna frame. Due to lack of welding skills I used bolts. The down tube was rect. tubing so I used channel iron lower. I used inner/outer tubing for the top tube. Hopefully enough room for my 3.5 edger motor. Also, discarded Yazoo mower jackshaft with a pulley/chain combo.(y)

I'm designing a custom gas tank for my vintage Schwinn Continental That I am going to put a 50cc on t in the spring to early summer soon as funds allow. The tank is based on the vintage tank bicycle engines sell I am going to make it out of copper and polish it. As soon as I get it finished I will post pics towards the spring should look cool. I am also going to put a sick bike parts shift kit on it at one point but this is my first build so we shall see how it comes out.

picked up a old murray montery. needs a ground up rebuild. would like to put a 4 stroke kit on it. schwinn delray, power king 80cc build.

Back