so... how many miles on YOUR MB?

RedBaronX

Local time
4:46 AM
I'm still waiting for all my pieces and parts to build my first MB. I plan on using mine as something of a back up vehicle-- both as a pedal bike and a motor bike with the motor to take over before I get tired, or for doing up hill...

what kind of miles have y'all put on your bikes?

I'm still waiting for all my pieces and parts to build my first MB. I plan on using mine as something of a back up vehicle-- both as a pedal bike and a motor bike with the motor to take over before I get tired, or for doing up hill...

what kind of miles have y'all put on your bikes?

what engine are you talking about??? People use many different configurations.

I got about 2000 maybe more maybe less from my first zoombicycles 80cc.

Still using all of my eho35's (4) and one has at least 2k on it with no signs of any wear.

Its going to be different form person to person... even two people with the same engine from the same factory wont get the same mileage.... it all depends on QC at the factory, how you assemble your bike, how you break it in, and how much or little you abuse it.

the engine I will be getting is a 68cc 2 stroke, but I don't know the brand-- it's getting picked out by a local friend who has building motored bikes for three years or so. Green Line cruiser bike, brand new and on its way as we speak.

Theree have been threads on this subject, so if you looked, you could probly find the info. The cheap 2-strokes seem to last somewhere between 0 and 2,000 miles.

2000 miles (completely trouble-free) in 4 months on a GEBE 32 cc Tanaka.

I am also a pedal cycler and I pedal about 2000 miles/year.

back when I had nothing but a bike (and in way better shape) I was probably pedaling that kind of mileage a year... probably less because we have harsh winter, so I would have been riding the Wisconsin equivalent of that...

d*** thats respectable... no heart attack for you huh??

Actually, exercise cannot always prevent heat attacks if genetics are working against you. 15 years ago I had an almost total blockage of a major heart artery. It was fixed by angioplasty before it caused a heart attack, but the doctors said I would not have lived another 2 weeks if it were not corrected.

I had always exercised, ate a healthy diet, was not overweight (150 lbs), never smoked. So now I take medicine to prevent another problem.

Back