so, how many of you have motorized bike hating neighbors?

mark20

im just wondering, because on my way to school the neighbor ran out and started recording me driving my motorized bike and said yelling ¨ im going to call the cops¨ and ¨its illegal¨
keep in mind, no one ever complained before, hell they liked it even (had a couple of them drive it)
figured id see what yall have to say lol.
no cops came so i guess hes just bluffing.
(note, my buddie got pulled over as well, and they said they impound his bike if they saw him riding it again (some bs about no registration and public road safety), guess there cracking down on the motorized bikes here now, beware people in MN!)

Vikingimike01

Here, in Hungary, the police stare, and smile. With my loud banana pipe. Even had one from a group tell me it's cool while I was riding. No questions asked. I'm still kinda scared when I see them, and just shut it off and pedal if they are far, but if one is close, I'll slow down, and go very slow.

My neigbours love it! Not the sounds though. The guy that lives next door said he likes it, and the guy that lives in front of me, congratulated me, that I built it. Then he decided to buy a scooter, went out drunk one day (heard very loud revving, looked out the window, he pulled the throttle from the fence door, and launched straight into the container on the other side of the road, falling after that, and dragging the scooter back)

mark20

Here, in Hungary, the police stare, and smile. With my loud banana pipe. Even had one from a group tell me it's cool while I was riding. No questions asked. I'm still kinda scared when I see them, and just shut it off and pedal if they are far, but if one is close, I'll slow down, and go very slow.

My neigbours love it! Not the sounds though. The guy that lives next door said he likes it, and the guy that lives in front of me, congratulated me, that I built it. Then he decided to buy a scooter, went out drunk one day (heard very loud revving, looked out the window, he pulled the throttle from the fence door, and launched straight into the container on the other side of the road, falling after that, and dragging the scooter back)
hope he got the scooter fixed.

funny part is he (and his old rag) are the only ones who dont like my motorized bike (i have a kx125 2 stroke as well and its loud as hell! they called the cops so much they end up just hanging up on them lol)

its sad to see really, he owns a 8000$ harley that he cant seem fix, hes problaly just jealous that im a better mechanic than him lol

Last edited:

Tony01

I have good neighbors. So when riding a gasser I would pedal it about 100 yards away and start it up there. Coming back I would kill the power at that distance, coast in. They could still probably hear my drive chains with the motor off, but at least I didn’t wake up their small children. My gassers are 4-strokes but even with a long muffler they are still loud AF in the dead of the night.

Vikingimike01

I have good neighbors. So when riding a gasser I would pedal it about 100 yards away and start it up there. Coming back I would kill the power at that distance, coast in. They could still probably hear my drive chains with the motor off, but at least I didn’t wake up their small children. My gassers are 4-strokes but even with a long muffler they are still loud AF in the dead of the night.
SAME! I ride 2 streets away first most of the time! But not when my pedal was destroyed about the last 2 weeks i used it!

Will'smotobikes19

Sadly there are people that have nothing better to do than annoy you or get you in trouble. Usually older people that are past their prime or motorcycle haters. Either way try to avoid that route. Try to do some lighting or mods to make it look more legal. The DMV just wants your money, and so does the govt.

mark20

Sadly there are people that have nothing better to do than annoy you or get you in trouble. Usually older people that are past their prime or motorcycle haters. Either way try to avoid that route. Try to do some lighting or mods to make it look more legal. The DMV just wants your money, and so does the govt.
Well, he lives about 80ft away from me (i live in a town house) so theres nothing I can do
The funny part is that I passed cops with zero issues (one if the cops at a stop light told me I need a bigger engine lol)

My neighbor is just a salty vet who expects the world to revolve around him.

Yea I'm not a fan of the dmv, took me 3 hours just to get my tags for the dirt bike, next time I'm just going online to get them

Will'smotobikes19

I bet that cop rides one of the thumper harley's that told u need a bigger. Alot of people have this thing that they think engine displacement has to do with your body size no matter what because dirtbikes are different size I guess. MY engine is only 35cc and it still gets almost 30 so idc if they think its too small.

mark20

I bet that cop rides one of the thumper harley's that told u need a bigger. Alot of people have this thing that they think engine displacement has to do with your body size no matter what because dirtbikes are different size I guess. MY engine is only 35cc and it still gets almost 30 so idc if they think its too small.
He was just joking around, the stop light has stopped working near are school
And he was standing there with a couple of police officers guiding traffic, no harm done lol

Will'smotobikes19

I've seen some road workers and utility workers in a nearby town. A few of them were smiling at my bike. The other day I strapped some wheels onto my backpack and I rode my bike to a nearby sheetz and sold my old beach cruiser wheels to a guy from cleveland!