so, how many of you have motorized bike hating neighbors?

The_Aleman

Pretty sure a few of my neighbors don't like my 4-stroke LOL. It has no muffler and sounds a bit like an animal under acceleration, makes sounds that a ~1.8HP engine has no business making. But it purrs at 3600-4500. I don't ride that bike late at night for a store run! My HT48 is very quiet by comparison, almost whispers at 20MPH (4K RPM)

mark20

Pretty sure a few of my neighbors don't like my 4-stroke LOL. It has no muffler and sounds a bit like an animal under acceleration, makes sounds that a ~1.8HP engine has no business making. But it purrs at 3600-4500. I don't ride that bike late at night for a store run! My HT48 is very quiet by comparison, almost whispers at 20MPH (4K RPM)
My bike is just a "I'm bored so let's do this" project.
Really, I dont get this guy, he has a (what i believe) is a Harley sportster 1200 custom from around 2010.
Theres plenty of people that drive way louder motorcycles in my neighborhood (that ride at worser times than me)

And hes bitching about me. Like what? Cant handle a 15 year old having more fun than you? It just boggles my mind.

FurryOnTheInside

I never run the engine anywhere near my house. I don't want anyone to know where the motorised bike guy lives.
I would be more concerned about thieves than anything Tbh.
Although I think one of the neighbours in the rear/cellar apartment of my house complained to our letting agent about the guys who had motorcycles parked outside in the back yard, who got thrown out. That neighbour has no idea I ride a motorised bike though, and I'm going to keep it that way.
Can't wait to get the battery for my electric front hub. :)

inspectorcritic

It's not the neighbors it's the bike and jog trail some fat women get piss off it's motorized! Some others point no no with their fingers it's not allowed, bullsh*t it's exempt pedal assisted 49cc (weather it is or not)
THAT'S THE LAW, bud!

I even groomed my helmet for in-between a bicycle and motorcycle a full face helmet the be accusing me it's a motorcycle a bike helmet is made for a front brake flip offer no protection. So I got a half face helmet to throw them off, picks up to much wind though with a half visor gonna stay off trails get a full enclosed helmet f*** them trail riders.

FurryOnTheInside

Or, and this is just pointing out an option, you can kill the engine a polite distance from the other traffic-free path users and gently pedal past them without blowing two stroke smoke at them, then just start the engine when you get a polite distance past them.
This might have the effect of not making us all look like d!cks.

The_Aleman

Pretty sure such people who complain about 2-stroke smoke are already breathing in more than enough of their own-scented methane to make such complaints moot. Try telling em to go sniff their own farts tho, it's amusing!

darwin

Different strokes for different folks. No right or wrong or better than the other, just different animals and folks choices. I make fun of china girls but it's done in jest even though I prefer 4 strokes. I admire a kid who buys a $100 kit and learns from it. It teaches him a lesson for a lifetime that's never forgotten.

AutOtaku

My neighbors dont really give two sh*ts, hell they encourage me! Ive had loud dirt bikes, gokarts, Honda's, my brothers loud trucks, and all our friends with equally loud vehicles and they dont care. Hell, even the sheriff one street over doesn't care!

darwin

I live in a condo and my neighbor upstairs pissed me off one day making a lot of noise. I got even by firing up the MAB on my balcony and WOTing it for about 20min and then quit. He got the message I think cuzz it's been quiet since then. Anybody else messes w/me I have an electric blower now that is loud, so beware if you live near me.

xSH0CKERJx

Here in South Florida, I've made my motorbike as loud as possible. Cops don't seem to care and surprisingly enough now cars hear me before they even see me. And we all know that nobody can drive anymore because all they're paying attention to is there cell phone. LOL
And that's what I'll tell the cops if they ever harass me. Would you rather me have a loud motor bike or would you rather scrape me off the pavement because some car ran over me. LOL I guarantee you the cop that messes with a motorbike has nothing else to do and he probably doesn't get laid very much. LOL