so, how many of you have motorized bike hating neighbors?

mark20

I would absolutely hate to live anywhere with a Homeowner's Association. Being that I drive old stuff on purpose, have nocturnal work habits, and like my motorized bikes, I'm guaranteed to have trouble with them. I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with HOAs. They can make one's life miserable :confused:
they made us take down are ¨no trespassing¨ signs, because there ¨blocking windows and voliate code¨
but they let the saltys keep there big ass ¨welcome sign¨ thats like 5X bigger and cover there windows complety, welcome to america.

bike4life

they made us take down are ¨no trespassing¨ signs, because there ¨blocking windows and voliate code¨
but they let the saltys keep there big ass ¨welcome sign¨ thats like 5X bigger and cover there windows complety, welcome to america.
lol what even are hoa's never heard of them. arent they like private orginizations so they cant do anything as its not a government/legal thing....

Well all u need is an angle grinder or an impact wrench. Ive taken down a few signs posts including a skool bus stop sign and some turn sign thingy, kept the sign and cut up the post for free metal to weld up for my pusher trailer. I have to say, they are galvanized so they wont rust and last forver in your projects and are pretty dam strong, stronger than 1" tube. Might as well make up a excuse to remove these hoa signs....

mark20

lol what even are hoa's never heard of them. arent they like private orginizations so they cant do anything as its not a government/legal thing....

Well all u need is an angle grinder or an impact wrench. Ive taken down a few signs posts including a skool bus stop sign and some turn sign thingy, kept the sign and cut up the post for free metal to weld up for my pusher trailer. I have to say, they are galvanized so they wont rust and last forver in your projects and are pretty dam strong, stronger than 1" tube. Might as well make up a excuse to remove these hoa signs....
Lol, yea i own both. I can cause havic if I really wanted to.
But the HOAs (or as call them HOES) are really nasty, they threaten every which way...
But they have the goverment documents to force a lien or even forcloser if things get really bad (like drug charges bad, not like moped riding, well yet)
They tried to fine us about 3 times, all of which were dropped after we threatened legal action (they were bs about land violations, which is there problem, not ares)
Yea ill get a nice picture of him for yall next time he calls, free of charge ;)

CrazyDan

Lol, yea i own both. I can cause havic if I really wanted to.
But the HOAs (or as call them HOES) are really nasty, they threaten every which way...
But they have the goverment documents to force a lien or even forcloser if things get really bad (like drug charges bad, not like moped riding, well yet)
They tried to fine us about 3 times, all of which were dropped after we threatened legal action (they were bs about land violations, which is there problem, not ares)
Yea ill get a nice picture of him for yall next time he calls, free of charge ;)
I've always seen HOAs as commie communes, everything has to be the same or they fine you. I did landscape work for a lady in an HOA commune, They waited for her $4000 brand new wooden fence to be completely finished then showed up telling her she had to take it down because it didn't fit approved fences. It took a week to build, why didn't they tell her before it was done??? It's because they enjoy messing with folks. You aren't allowed to grow most fruit trees in your front yard, too much color I guess. If you don't mow your lawn for a month they send in a crew and charge you. I will never live anywhere with an HOA.

mark20

I've always seen HOAs as commie communes, everything has to be the same or they fine you. I did landscape work for a lady in an HOA commune, They waited for her $4000 brand new wooden fence to be completely finished then showed up telling her she had to take it down because it didn't fit approved fences. It took a week to build, why didn't they tell her before it was done??? It's because they enjoy messing with folks. You aren't allowed to grow most fruit trees in your front yard, too much color I guess. If you don't mow your lawn for a month they send in a crew and charge you. I will never live anywhere with an HOA.
Yup, thats are lives right now.
Expect for the lawn mowing part, they do it once a month, at 5am.... Like i get you have to do everyone but come on, wait untill 7 or 9.
See, ares is bad, but there are FAR FAR worst (some make you get rid of your damn car if its more than 8ish years old, now thats bad)
I wish we didnt live in a HOA, but atleast it was better than are apartment lol (are apt manger was a total bich, glad we got out if that hell hole)
Honestly everyones (well except for him) nice in are neighborhood. No complates there.

CrazyDan

This HOA will tow your car if you leave it in the driveway overnight. You can only paint your house 4 approved colors. There is maybe 5 approved garage doors (of course they make you go through one company: their friend's). There's maybe 12 approved tree species and like 30 approved flower and bush species allowed in the front yard. Ignore their warnings, they send in a crew to change it, and it seems they look for the most expesive crew they can find.

mark20

This HOA will tow your car if you leave it in the driveway overnight. You can only paint your house 4 approved colors. There is maybe 5 approved garage doors (of course they make you go through one company: their friend's). There's maybe 12 approved tree species and like 30 approved flower and bush species allowed in the front yard. Ignore their warnings, they send in a crew to change it, and it seems they look for the most expesive crew they can find.
Thats called cummunism.

bike4life

Yup, thats are lives right now.
Expect for the lawn mowing part, they do it once a month, at 5am.... Like i get you have to do everyone but come on, wait untill 7 or 9.
See, ares is bad, but there are FAR FAR worst (some make you get rid of your damn car if its more than 8ish years old, now thats bad)
I wish we didnt live in a HOA, but atleast it was better than are apartment lol (are apt manger was a total bich, glad we got out if that hell hole)
Honestly everyones (well except for him) nice in are neighborhood. No complates there.
id say embrace the mutiny. cut down those damn signs....show'em whose boss!!

Last edited: