so how many of your 2 strokers are pushin 40?

I was told mine is a 48cc when I bought it. On a good even plane, I can get it up to 35, maybe 37. I like to cruise around between 25 and 30 though. I am working with andyinchville on a solid hub/spocket that I plan on having a 36 tooth. That should push it up to around 40mph I would guess.

I agree with the other posts, the acceleration is the fun part. Just hitting the corners and taking off from a light with the cars is a lot of fun.

How many of you 2 strokers are pushin 40?

We often hit 50 on a downhill run. The limiting factor is the winding road. On a straight downhill section 60 is our record. Solid as a rock. If it wasn't for the wind resistance I'd have no idea we we're going that fast. On the flat, 37, but that was with a strong tailwind.

Oh yeah, the rig: Cannondale RT2000 road tandem. I'm the first stroke. My wife is the second. ;) And we're both pushin quite a bit more than 40.

35 on flat road, tanaka 35cc , 14 sprocket, golden eagle. on Gary Fisher Joshua full suspension mtb. Sweet ride!!! 180 mpg. I have a golden eagle kit on my hard tail mtb also. It is a 26cc Tanaka running a 12 tooth sprocket. Goes 28mph at 200 mpg. real sweet ride on the flats but has a hard time hauling my 220 pounds up hills. Maybe if I put a little physical effort into it I will loose the lard.

i hip 45 a coupla times on a down hill no wind my bike weighs 65 pounds and i weigh 125 so thats only 190 combined it slows doun quite a bit when i haul freinds between 130 and 150 my regular cruzin speed is 34-38

to fast!!!

Sounds like some of you all should be on motorcycles instead of motor assisted bicycles. They ain't made to go fast. I am happy to do 20, gives me some time to react to some inattentive motorist pulling out of a side street or a driveway. I can go 35 with my tanaka 35cc engine but it scares the **** out of me. Ha Ha!! I like to keep the shinny side up. Actually the best set up I have tried is a geb 26 cc tanaka with a 10 tooth sprocket

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool: If I didn't have to deal with insurance and crazy drivers, i'd get a motorcycle. (especially drivers who make left turns in front of you, or successfully occupy the space you're in)

I was on the bike path where it crossed an intersection. I witnessed a car turn into a moving motorcycle at the traffic light. It was a horrific experience.

Like high-performance vehicles, many motorized bicycles ARE engineered to drive VERY fast, compared to a pedalled bike.

It's the "Nut" behind the wheel that controls these performance vehicles.

Myron

The bike in my avitar photo had a liflan150cc 4 spd. A suicide machine. I chickened out at 50mph with it in 3rd gear. I swapped it out with a 70cc HT. and sold it before I hurt myself.
My other 2 criusers top out at 35 to 37 (still to fast without disk brakes)

Last edited:
Back