so how many of your 2 strokers are pushin 40?

Zip - how fast were you going?

I'm pretty sure you can fight it just by showing up in court and telling the judge that the cop didn't identify your vehicle correctly. Ask for it to be dismissed and don't say another word (so you don't bring on any additional troubles).

I always look for the "suits" when I go fight a traffic ticket...sit behind them, listen to how they get their clients off...use the same methods.

Last time I was there, he asked the cop "What color shirt was she wearing?" He said he didn't know, and the lawyer asked the case to be dismissed since he was not paying attention correctly....guess what? I questioned the same officer myself (I was up next), duplicated the entire conversation and walked away with no ticket and no points! :)

Not 47 MPH - No freakin way. The motor would explode with a 40t.
I have a 40t on mine, and I've gotten it up to 31mph, and that in my opinion is at about redline. I don't care how "modified" your motor is, they don't handle that kind of RPM.

I think you need to recalibrate your speedo, man.

Unless he's going downhill, clutch in, and with 700 size wheels, and pedaling.

My 36T HT will hit 35, but never took it further than that. I visualized a jammed chain at that speed, sending me in orbit.

how fast for 50cc

I thought there was something out of wack when I passed people going 45 but don't doubt the potential of a mini motor look up bubbs racing to see what I mean.
I wanted to put a 50-80cc motor on my faired recumbent so I looked up streamliner moped. All I wanted to get was a steady 60 mph and 120 mpg then I saw hat bubbs was doing, but I bet they don't get the milage

Attachments

• streamlinerguts.jpg
    streamlinerguts.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 179
  • streamliner057.jpg
    streamliner057.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 178
This is confusing-- many claim to hit 30+ on a china 80cc, yet I can't seem to pass 22 MPH on mine. Not that I want to hit fast speeds, I just want to know why I can't hit those speeds... ??? It's that lack of power that bothers me! :)

my engine is not the norm its a 1st geb speical edition 12t front gear on a 40t sprocket not the useal 10t front gear

then iv forced the compresion to go off the charts once i hit 28 but my ideal is at 15mph yes no gas or trhotel is 15mph but i still have plenty of power to rip out of this engine when im done it shold push 15hp on 45torque as i said before im going to be takeing this one to the death race and bonnevile

Last time I was there, he asked the cop "What color shirt was she wearing?" He said he didn't know, and the lawyer asked the case to be dismissed since he was not paying attention correctly....guess what? I questioned the same officer myself (I was up next), duplicated the entire conversation and walked away with no ticket and no points! :)
I'd just like to say, THANK YOU for that tip! It will prolly come in handy at my trial next week, and any other time I get caught up with The Law.

OK! So I'm just happy with putting along sometimes. I find the engine (DAX 70) just tops out too quickly! I only weigh 150lbs on a good day, so what would be the best size sprocket to put on the back? Also, where is the best (read: cheapest) source for sprockets?

LiveFastMotors does - search on ebay for "Motorized Bike Upgrade"

I upgraded a few weeks ago from the 44t to the 40t, and the bike now cruises very nicely at 25...half throttle...took her to 31 today and there was still more to go, but I don't feel safe going that fast on a bike. I would bet that with another 1/4 mile, it would get to 35+ with my fat a$$ on board! (215 lbs). You should be able to go even faster, but I wouldn't suggest stressing the motor that much...so maybe even drop to the 36t if speed is what you're after.

1st effort, 2006: Dax 65cc + 48T sprocket = 31mph @ ~6500rpm, blew motor.

2nd effort, 2007: Grubee GT5 + 39T sprocket = 40mph @ ~6000rpm, magneto issues

3rd effort, 2008: Dax 65cc + 34T sprocket = 45mph @ ~6000rpm, not going to push it

30mph is nice and smooth, I'll stick with that!
your rpms are all wrong. A 44t (let alone a 48t!) doesnt go 31mph at 6500rpm redline. More like 8000-9000 at 48t, hence blown motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for my 36tooth to arrive, cant wait! I've got an expansion chamber pipe, higher flow air filter, and done some light porting work. I weigh 126 pounds too, with a 26 inch wheel. What sort of top speed do you think I'll get?

The best engine for top speed has to be the gp460, the guy running at over 50mph has got one. google it, its awesome!

BTW the reason I'm getting a smaller sprocket is because I want to keep the rpm down and be able to cruise at a higher speed more comfortably.

Fastboy

Back