so how many of your 2 strokers are pushin 40?

I have a kings 70cc and I only get about 32mph and that's WOT as fast as she can go. I know a lot of people here get more than that but that's the best I get and I don't feel comfortable with that speed. I probably do 20, 25mph most of the time. I can live with that in most circumstances. I didn't get a mb for speed. I got one to put around with. If I wanted speed I would have got a motorcycle. :cool:

that's my story...
cd

Hi Fastboy - can you show me a pic of your air filter, or point me to where I can buy it? If it's home-made, how about starting a new thread with the build?

Thanks,
Mark

Still waiting for my 36tooth to arrive, cant wait! I've got an expansion chamber pipe, higher flow air filter, and done some light porting work. I weigh 126 pounds too, with a 26 inch wheel. What sort of top speed do you think I'll get?

The best engine for top speed has to be the gp460, the guy running at over 50mph has got one. google it, its awesome!

BTW the reason I'm getting a smaller sprocket is because I want to keep the rpm down and be able to cruise at a higher speed more comfortably.

Fastboy

Hi Fastboy - can you show me a pic of your air filter, or point me to where I can buy it? If it's home-made, how about starting a new thread with the build?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi mark, heres the link to the thread that I added to. Theres some good designs on there, I've wrote about mine right at the end of the thread. Heres some pics. The easy way to do it is just to drill a load of holes in the bottom side of the air filter, you just want to open it up a bit, but you will sacrifice a little bit of the cleaning capability. Also if you just cut the fingers of the original air cleaner you will find that the bottom half of a coke can should slide on quite nicely, this is useful for me because it protects the plastic from the heat of the expansion chamber.

Heres a pic, you cant see it too well, but its not much different from the ones in the linked thread.

Fastboy

Attachments

• mbc1.jpg
    mbc1.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 208
I was going 44mph when I got the ticket. When we went to court and after shuffling around to different court rooms and taking to the prosecuter they decided to just let us go with a warning because it was on a bicycle and it showed that I was not breaking the law by driving. Pretty good deal :D

I hit 38 today with my Mitsu 43 TLE, Staton chain drive kit. I was also cruising for a while at 35mph. I feel certain that it will hit 40 at some point. I'm still running it a little rich (40:1) but I'm about to go to the recommended 50:1 mix now that I've been through over a gallon of gas with it. I think that'll give it a bit more zip still. It's plenty fast enough for me.

Warner

45+ mph. on flat road. 36t, 20" wheels. i wanna go faster
no air filter. it'll flood if i did have one on there.
once my blower arrives i'll put one on the inlit, maybe.
i have 2 exhausts. the exhaust dump RRocks..
new frame, last one cracked. i gotta weld up some gussets.
shrug* i love it

Last edited:
pushing 25

I am getting an top of 25mph with an revo cycles 66cc with an 44 toth sprocket on a schwinn jaguar.

I am getting an top of 25mph with an revo cycles 66cc with an 44 toth sprocket on a schwinn jaguar.
yep that sounds about right to me. Everybody claiming speeds of over 30 with a 26" wheel and 44 tooth sprocket, I think need there speedo recalibrated!!

40+ is capable with a happy time, but you need to be running at least a 29 tooth sprocket, ported intake/exhaust, bigger carb with tuned high and low jets, remove the base gasket, skim the head, upgraded spark plug and wire/boot, expansion chamber. Anything else I've missed? Never have I seen video footage of 40+ speeds on a stock 44 toother. This video is the fastest I've seen anybody go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onioqw0w38Y, and he's running a mikuni carb but by the looks of it a stock exhaust.

Fastboy

Last edited:
With a 47 tooth sprocket I'm hitting low 40's (going up a hill) with a 50cc italian motor on my bicycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back