so how many of your 2 strokers are pushin 40?

S

skatingsamurai

no not the age! lol was just wondering how fast some of you guys are averaging.

steve

I don't like going more than 25. 44t sprocket. Criusing range 15 to 20 depending on how she feels.

My first engine the Kings 70 or 80 cc whatever it is was pushin 40 with the 36 tooth but that was on a heavy bike and it had brake issues (coaster) so I got over the need for speed and got into crusin and now have a 44 tooth on it and putt around at 20 to 25 mph all the time. She'll still do 30+ easily but I got over the need for speed . I'd much rather take in the sights and (enjoy the ride). Where have I heard that before ? ? ?It now runs the 65 cc from Dac's but not for long. I'm puttin the 70 back on and puttin the 65 on a Firestone bike I got at a yard sale for 10 bucks. Turns out its a 1965 so the 65 cc seemed like the right thing to do.The 65 cc runs good but the 70cc pulls hills much better. Also I run both with all the natural oil they can stand ( at least 16 to 1 ) and rarely go full tilt anymore. Now as for me I was pushin 40 a long time ago. October 27th was my 56th birthday 65-56 those two numbers seem to be comming up alot lately. Hope I make it to 65 myself........ VW..T..in WV

:cool:At maximum 8500rpm, i'm going 29.5mph on a 20" DAHON folder.:eek:

With this same setup soon to be on a 26" bike, speeds of 40.7mph is predicted.

at the moment, i'm pushing 61.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
29.5mph on a 20" DAHON folder!! Bwahahahaha! You are one crazy island boy! :eek: :-D

29.5mph on a 20" DAHON folder!! Bwahahahaha! You are one crazy island boy! :eek: :-D

Hey Pete, that's only on the nice long perfectly smooth flat. other than that,i probably buzz in the low-20's.

I can't wait to finish my 26" bikes, so i can ROLL faster at the same rpm.

and I AM crazy, compared to my baby boomer counterparts. my friends don't surf with me, because they're afraid of the sharks.:eek:

Myron

average speed

average speed on my bike 43cc staton chain drive is 30 miles an hr,depending upon my gear box outer sprocket,ive seen 46 miles an hr but lacks take off speed so 30 miles an hr it is.:cool:

37 mph by the radar chrono

My Kings 70cc/ 44T, on max-inflated 26-inch street tires, with me hunkered down low and throttle wide open, clocks in at 37 mph at my nearby "Your speed" radar warning display before a sharp turn.

Coming from the other side of the turn is uphill at a pretty decent grade, with another radar warning, and I consistently clock 30mph UPHILL. I weigh 180, and my bike weighed 29 or 30 lbs before the motor.

Funny thing is, as long as I watch out for bumps, the bike/motor felt stable at the speed. At least till it busted the bike frame last night. The engine leaks quite a bit fuel from... somewhere... but runs strong.

I use 87 octane, which someone told me was less sensitive to humidity, and I put a little bit of isoHEET and Stabil in each tank.

Oh yeah... I took off the lower part of the muffler and drilled a hole in the bottom of the pipe to let the gases flow straight through. The sound bouncing of the pavement is probably 95dB and I have to wear earplugs, but I appreciate the fact that drivers can hear me comin. From WAY back. Sounds like a 2-stroke Harley. :cool:

Myron,

what engine do you run?

You need to factor in added weight of taller tires (which won't affect the numbers too much), but the biggest challenge at higher speed is wind resistance.

Drive 40mph in your car with your hand out the window to "weigh" the resistance on your palm, and then consider the additional area of the whole frontside of your body. It really adds up.

Back