So I'm starting my project...

Stretchcruise666

Local time
7:30 PM
And here's what I'd like some input on. If you read my other thread my in-laws gifted me an awesome snap-on tools edition Coleman with a predator 212 with the idea I could use the engine on my Seattle which currently sits not moving due to the transmission just totally crapping out.
I noticed when I take off the gearbox the bell like wobbles and I tried every way I could think of to fix it and just ended up destroying a chain. Prior to that issue I've never had any with that bike and have put at least a thousand miles on it. Always maintained , always oil changed, always greased.
But whatever. I noticed that on the Coleman the drive is on the right hand side, the engine set up is the same as any other Coleman, with the belted torque converter but it has a jack shaft that runs thru the width of the bike and the drive sprocket is on the right. I wonder why this is? But I digress, I'm looking for in put on how to proceed with the project. Seems like it may be easiest to buy a new torque converter and just run my existing sprocket. But I also been thinking "I wonder if I can salvage that jackshaft and create some kind of Frankenstein beast.
Thoughts???

And here's what I'd like some input on. If you read my other thread my in-laws gifted me an awesome snap-on tools edition Coleman with a predator 212 with the idea I could use the engine on my Seattle which currently sits not moving due to the transmission just totally crapping out.
I noticed when I take off the gearbox the bell like wobbles and I tried every way I could think of to fix it and just ended up destroying a chain. Prior to that issue I've never had any with that bike and have put at least a thousand miles on it. Always maintained , always oil changed, always greased.
But whatever. I noticed that on the Coleman the drive is on the right hand side, the engine set up is the same as any other Coleman, with the belted torque converter but it has a jack shaft that runs thru the width of the bike and the drive sprocket is on the right. I wonder why this is? But I digress, I'm looking for in put on how to proceed with the project. Seems like it may be easiest to buy a new torque converter and just run my existing sprocket. But I also been thinking "I wonder if I can salvage that jackshaft and create some kind of Frankenstein beast.
Thoughts???
My thought is "I need a picture", I've built a few things from other things and make them go, kinda my hobby, so I'm always full of ideas or :poop:, take it the way you like.

I'm wondering on above post you can just turn the wheel around and then the drive sprocket would be on the same as the motor drive sprocket. Most minibikes are simple creatures.

My thought is "I need a picture", I've built a few things from other things and make them go, kinda my hobby, so I'm always full of ideas or :poop:, take it the way you like.
Ok so I just arrived back at my house with the bike. Snap on never did a Coleman. Monster moto did the snap-on tools bike and that is in fact what I got. I got to be honest I kind of don't even want to chop it apart I wish there was a way that I could make it look more street legal make it look more like a bicycle cuz it's just it's a pretty beast machine man I just need to get that belt for the transmission but I digress some rambling again

The point is is I just got back with the thing I'm kind of tired I'm planning on taking some pics tomorrow and I guess I'll just post them up here or I'll post a thread with pictures. But I am open to any suggestions of how to mate my Micargi Seattle with this bike or or make this bike well look more bikeish talk to you guys tomorrow

Ok so I just arrived back at my house with the bike. Snap on never did a Coleman. Monster moto did the snap-on tools bike and that is in fact what I got. I got to be honest I kind of don't even want to chop it apart I wish there was a way that I could make it look more street legal make it look more like a bicycle cuz it's just it's a pretty beast machine man I just need to get that belt for the transmission but I digress some rambling again

The point is is I just got back with the thing I'm kind of tired I'm planning on taking some pics tomorrow and I guess I'll just post them up here or I'll post a thread with pictures. But I am open to any suggestions of how to mate my Micargi Seattle with this bike or or make this bike well look more bikeish talk to you guys tomorrow
Take your time, rest a little, post your pictures here so we can find them. Everyone will give you ideas.

Well as I had said I'm pretty tired but I snapped a couple of pics cuz I can't stop thinking about how to build something passable out of these 2 bikes. I expected a predator 212 so all the research I did was for that. I'm starting to worry it might not work out after all. I'm wondering if maybe a sale or trade may be a better option, but man my father in law(who is a diesel mechanic btw) was like I can't wait to see what you build out of these so I kind of don't want to let him down but at the same time I'm not sure where to start now.
It's funny that man is a diesel mechanic and works on huge Giant trucks like semis but he is so lost when it comes to the little two or four stroke engines it always makes me chuckle it sounds like hey man like we can build this together he's like I don't know nothing about them little engines.
Well fellas here's a couple pics point me in the right direction man cuz I need some help on this one thanks guys oh and as post statement I added a pic of the Seattle's frame as well so you guys could get an idea if you're unfamiliar

Attachments

• IMG_20221010_205129905.jpg
    IMG_20221010_205129905.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20221010_205203830.jpg
    IMG_20221010_205203830.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20221010_205218581.jpg
    IMG_20221010_205218581.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20221010_205245185.jpg
    IMG_20221010_205245185.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20221010_205327500.jpg
    IMG_20221010_205327500.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 168
Well damn fellas figured I try starting her up even though I'm missing the cvt belt. First pull! And it wasn't even a really pull , it was like one of those pulls when you don't have a good grip.
Ugh! I wish I could ride right now!

I don't know fellas I'm not sure where to start with this project and for real I don't think I want to cut up this mini bike man it's really nice that being said if anybody like local is interested I'd be more into like swapping it for like preferably like a four-stroke motorized bike or possibly an e-bike but I would take cash why I say local is because it's really heavy I wouldn't know where to begin to try to ship it whoever if someone was interested in it that person would have to figure out I guess like freight or something.
So unless anybody has some really good ideas on how I should proceed I will entertain offers.
Just if anybody is interested please bear in mind I am kind of like a bigger guy so you know like an 80cc 2-stroke isn't going to probably cut it unless it's like a serious engine but yeah that would be great I would really like to see this go to somebody who's going to use it the way it's meant to be used I think it would be great to take out in the woods like it's hunting season and stuff like be a nice little way to zip around the woods. And hey if not if anybody has any good ideas on how I can proceed on building something out of what I have I'll take that advice too.
Thanks guys

Back