So my motor is broke again...

But still why would that pipe be ilegal?
According to the EPA it wouldn't consume any unburnt fuel like you'd see in a catalytic converter, since these don't have 90 pounds of sensors on them measuring what is going and what's comming out there's no way to 'guarantee' what is or isn't being burned.

Therefor it's destroying the environment since there's nothing causing it to 'not destroy' said environment, which is considered illegal by the man. It's not a good argument, but then again if they weren't so good at this stuff then why would we give them all those tax dollars to do it?

Simple, somebody signed a paper way before today, and in it it said that you need to pay the government something to let them approve what you want to use on the road, so you can pay more for it. Since nobody paid them to say it was legal that makes it illegal!!,

I'd like some help if you have the time.I've got a Yae bike 80cc kit.I put it on a schwinn moutain ranger.I've adjusted the clutch 600 times,the chain is good and tight with two tensioners.one spring one stock.No matter what I do.The chain binds or the clutch locks up.I was told it mite be to high so I tried lowering it but I think I only got it shorted to one side or the other it's won't brake loose now.I can't find any thinner engine mounts for sale but it doesn't look any higher on my bike than on others.Could it be to low side to side if so how do I line it up?I thought it was because the chain rubbed the frame a little put another small spacer in the rear still doing it.I ground the teeth on front sprocket still does it.Chain seem all right just binds so you push it backwards and forwards it will brake loose and do it again.Get it to run and clutch locks back and forth.I'm out of ideas can you help.
You removed it too soon, but if you have it apart on the drive sprocket side put a socket over the nut that holds it on (more often than not the sparkplug tool that came with the kit will fit this, put a screwdriver through the holes to get leverage) and turn it to the right (not unscrewing it just yet) and watch what happens on the other side in the clutch area.

If neither gear turns then the large gear woodruff key went, if both spin but not the piston then it's the small gear key (most often offender.)

The gear is removed with the puller tool, key replaced.

It's recommended a very thin-walled washer is used to fill the gap that the locking ring doesn't always fill. The only person I know who has these is bicycle_motor_works on ebay, it's a small thin washer made of copper, and fits around the end of the crankshaft arm but inside the gear smaller than the diameter of the threads inside that lip. This way the gear is firmly pressed onto the driveshaft rather than being only almost tight when the head of the bolt bottoms out on the end of the shaft, premature of the correct press fit. (that's what she said)

I made one in an emergency situation (it was that or walk 4 miles or even worse take the bus) once, I used a multitool to cut an old keyring I had on my swash of keys into an equally small ring that fit perfect in that spot. Alas the damage was too much, and my crankshaft end had already been worn down to a mear couple millimeters too small...
Well anyway if I had some soda cans I could have made a really janky cap to fill in the difference, now that I have copper sheeting on the bike as just a large curved copper fender I can simply sacrifice a piece of that rather easily and actually "make do."

Anyway it's a problem that can be solved before it began. Probably why that specific gear has had so many problems with the woodruff key. If you just aren't aware that that gear isn't perfectly down tight from factory then it can end up being looser than normal, not good.

Then there's the too long bolt in the too small hole situation.. The end of the bolt bottoms out in the bottom of the threads but is too long for the head to actually press down.

If you replace the bolt or want to improve it then make it shorter than the hole is deep, and put a small washer in that area, I could even assume a piece of heavy gauge solid copper wire trimmed to fit in that small circle would work. Either way filling the gap and then torquing it down will lead to better results keeping the gear firmly in place while not adding any extra particular burden to maintain the motor.

Who cares about the EPA. Not me. F the EPA. None of my vehicles are EPA legal. But your pipe makes more noise than a stock pipe, and that gives people a very bad impression of motorized bikes. I want to keep mine as quiet as possible. Also, I don't know where you live, but in my state (AZ) 20 mph is the legal limit for motorized bicycles. We get to ride them in the bike lane with pedal bikes. Going too fast is not only dangerous, but causes a lot of negative attention, again NOT good for the motorized bike scene in general. Irresponsible riding (going too fast and making too much noise) will eventually get us shut down. It already caused gas powered gopeds to be outlawed, and now they are cracking down on stand up electric scooters because of kids curb hopping and running over people on the sidewalks. MBs may be next. Your exhaust is an expansion chamber, which causes the engine to run lean. You have to rejet the carb richer to compensate for that. But you are not doing anyone who rides an MB any favors by breaking the rules.

I'd like some help if you have the time.I've got a Yae bike 80cc kit.I put it on a schwinn moutain ranger.I've adjusted the clutch 600 times,the chain is good and tight with two tensioners.one spring one stock.No matter what I do.The chain binds or the clutch locks up.I was told it mite be to high so I tried lowering it but I think I only got it shorted to one side or the other it's won't brake loose now.I can't find any thinner engine mounts for sale but it doesn't look any higher on my bike than on others.Could it be to low side to side if so how do I line it up?I thought it was because the chain rubbed the frame a little put another small spacer in the rear still doing it.I ground the teeth on front sprocket still does it.Chain seem all right just binds so you push it backwards and forwards it will brake loose and do it again.Get it to run and clutch locks back and forth.I'm out of ideas can you help.
If the stock rag joint is used to attach the gear to rear wheel it's hard to get truely concentric witch means it will have both a tight and a lose spot so the chain tension needs to be set at the tight spot and then hopefully the lose part's slack can be taken up by the spring tensioner,a hub adaptor or disc brake hub mounted gear will run much better and true to slove this issue.

If you are going to use a Chinese motor, I would at least use a clamshell rear sprocket and a motor mounted tensioner.

People mostly use Chinese kits because they are cheap. There is a reason they are cheap. You can get quality (and quiet) 4 stroke motors that mount in the frame just like the Chinese motors do, and they are a LOT more reliable.

Back