So, what else do you like to do?

G

gone_fishin

bird, i spent several really fun years running an exhaust shop. after building a rep for my custom dual exhaust work, we evolved to doing subframe work and fabricating coil-towers and shock mounts for old cars. i was looked upon as a scumbag the whole time, but they kept coming back. it was all about "acetylene wrenches" & mig/tig welding...& imagination, which i have a lot of. i'm still a scumbag to this day, but i'm one of the happiest scumbags you'll ever meet, lotsa great memories & friends.

if you can watch three pieces of metal become one and you understand what you're seeing, go for it. you've already demonstrated a great imagination 8)

W

Wheels

Augie, your welding sounds as much like art as craft If you were going to build a frame would you braze or use oxy-acetylene? I know the fillet brazed schwinns are strong ( I have never seen a broken fillet brazed schwinn, however they are heavy. What is your take on method? How about lugs, are they superior joinery? I personally have not practiced the craft since ag mechanics in High School, and that was a long time ago. I may take a class at the community college to see if I still have my chops, until then I rely on the professionals such as yourself who have honed their skills over time. I would appreciate your opinion or any other member on this hopefully not too mundane a question.

wheels

G

gone_fishin

wheels, as i've never done any bicycle welding work at all beyond mig repairing basic steel frames, i have to defer to the pros...i'm sure someone'll have some input for ya.

actually, i'll be paying attention to the answers myself, because i've recently made a local friend who has some torches & a mig...he seems pretty excited about tweaking a delivery-trike for his pizza shop.

W

Wheels

Pizza Delivery trike sounds cool, they are going to motorize it? This just seems like such a good idea for small business. An affordable method of going into business for some entrprenuers and a "green" business. I know how difficult small business is, I am one.

wheels

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!