So you want an ebike for Christmas? How about this one?!!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
I usually use my phone to use this very forum.
If only you had any idea just how many of those "smart" phone IP addresses randomly assigned to those phones each and everytime you use them, have made it onto the international spammers and scammers lists...lol.

You would be surprised just how many have been rejected/denied forum memberships solely because of those IP addresses were previously used by spammers and scammers.

I always tell folks when they contact us as to ask why the system automatically rejected them, I ask them were they using a cell phone to join up, the answer is usually yes...lol...I then tell them to try with their own home computer that usually has a "clean" IP address and then they will be able to use their cell phone thereafter.

The same applies to random IP addresses used by many of the most popular VPNs as well...lol.

Pushing that battery pack way too hard for the sake of speed and acceleration. There are reasons many factory built e-bikes come out of the box with very conservatively programmed controllers. I also fail to see any sort of ventilation/cooling ducts to help keep that battery from overheating. Literally sealed it in a closed container and then pushed way too hard.

Terrible engineering then? You shouldn't be able to kill a toy like that if you TRY...
Especially in the very first 9 minutes and 15 seconds on the road, not even going through the rough stuff like trails etc...lol...lol.

What do ya wanna bet it was made in China???...lol.
Between exporting Covid and now these Ebikes etc, The Chinese will never have to attack us...lol...They will just supply us the stuff to do it ourselves...lol.

Terrible engineering then? You shouldn't be able to kill a toy like that if you TRY...
Bad design on the battery box (insufficient cooling). Bad programming of the control system. Poorly balanced/built battery pack cells. No safeguards built into the battery or controller, or cheap ones that didn't work/failed.

It is entirely possible to build safe lithium battery cells and power a vehicle with them. The issue is that the market for ebikes got flooded with a bunch of A-holes that are selling cheap junk as "premium" level stuff for high prices. Or they are setting them up to perform similar to another bike with higher end parts and materials, but without said higher end stuff - thus they fail. The guy paid $6000 for that bike, and I could probably buy all the same components and build it myself for less than that, and make it safe.

I could show you how to buy, test, and build a battery pack for one of these bikes for a third of the cost of buying one. All you need to be able to do is use a multimeter and use a soldering iron/gun.

Back