So you want an ebike for Christmas? How about this one?!!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
In reality that bike was pushed way too hard. Impulserocket nailed it.

Lmao I know his feeling thou. I had a $1000+ 6s lipo R/C monster truck that went up in smoke like that. Lmao sit back & enjoy the fire.

611iT+UeOjL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

LOYALHEARTDY 12 Gallon Flammable Cabinet Galvanized Steel Safety Cabinet 18" x 18" x 22" 1 Door Manual Flammable Safety Storage Cabinet for Commercial Industrial and Home Use Yellow​

Brand: LOYALHEARTDY

$139.99
That's a nice paint locker, but it would need a fire suppression system to put out a fire inside,

They say e bike batteries can catch on fire when charging or discharging, but storage is safe

It's funny that they say, while charging, if your battery melts and catches on fire to take it outside :ROFLMAO:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
but it would need a fire suppression system to put out a fire inside
Let us all know just what kind of fire suppression system will work with lithium-ion battery fires then...Seems the fire departments can't even extinguish them, they just hose things down until the battery fires go out by themselves...lol...lol.

Let us all know just what kind of fire suppression system will work with lithium-ion battery fires then...Seems the fire departments can't even extinguish them, they just hose things down until the battery fires go out by themselves...lol...lol.
Their built into those cabinets I showed in post# 68

There's Fire suppression systems for paint lockers too. It mount's on top

But without the special wall insulation, Paint lockers won't work good all all with an E Bike battery

Also, the cells that are used in most cheap batteries wouldn't pass scrutiny of a major companies QC. Go price a Panasonic or LG lithium cell like a 26650 and compare it to the price of a cheap off brand. Usually 3 times the price, and worth every penny. That doesn't mean there aren't good cheaper cells out there, but as Magicycle said, do your research.

In reality it is actually not that hard, or expensive, to build your own battery pack. Basic soldering skills, a bit of time, and a multi-meter covers 95% of it.

And here we go again...NYC, a parked E-bike at a store erupts into flames resulting in a five alarm fire that just couldn't be put out once those batteries erupted into flames....I will say again as I always have...These things are dangerous 'in my personal opinion' until they can finally perfect the battery technology being used to prevent these spontaneous combustion type fires from ever happening in the first place!!!

If you look more closely into this and many of the ebike battery fire stories they have a common element.

they were charging when they caught fire.

Cheap charger, cheap BMS, wrong type of charger, too strong of a charger, etc.

They never include enough details when it comes to the equipment in question to be able to make a determination, but given the fact that he was charging his bike in a public setting, I would almost hazard a guess that his bike was plugged into the wrong style of charger for the cell type in his battery. Charging a LiFePO4 cell like you would a LiON or vice versa will cause high stress and a ton of heat. Especially if it is a rapid charger.

I was in a hurry when posting the link. The point was to provide a well known Ebike battery with it's built in safety features that's not known for catching on fire for the naysayers. Pg 2 gets into the safety details. 4 years ago these were selling for $1300, now $699.

Back