So you want to sell engine kits eh?

robo

Local time
3:25 PM
Well yes...I'm thinking about it! I'm a mechanical engineer I love bikes. Last fall I bought one of those little Honda 4strokes (GX35) just because it was a cool little motor and I wanted to build something fun. I ended up mounting it on a bike with a unique mount and drive train. It is really a blast to ride and it works even better than I expected! 190 mpg, about 30 mph top speed, 21 to 25 mph average over hill and dale. I am doing the patent thing right now so lets skip the design details for the moment.

I have ridden several hundred miles, 20-25 miles at a time and everytime I get back home I'm thinking I should quit my job and join the circus!

I am really interested how other people with similar products are dealing with the produt liability issue. Do most people not worry about it, do they buy liability insurance, or justt try and protect themselves under an LLC?

This is a brand new area for me and a lot more complicated than the mechanical stuff. Any help or guidance about these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

G'day man & welcome.
Don's house phone huh...i bet a few ppl would like that. ;)

Welcome,
many mechanicaly minded here, and many more learning and more to arrive with heaps of cool plans and ideas.

Do you have pics. of your bike ?

All the best

BoltsM.

Last edited:
Hi Robo. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=111670&postcount=24

so far if you stay under 50cc the liability in most states is the same as a bicycle. any rig over 50cc or dont have pedals are ???????

Back