SoCal Ride?show OC July 18th Irvine Park

Wifey's Bike for the Ride

Wifey's Bike, you didn't build one for your wife???

Hi guys, ok.....you know, now that we get about a million miles per gallon, and the bike can be started with a simple pull of the rope, Wifey is gonna want one herself?

This was an old faded Candy Red Murray (circa 1980) that was out back in the "Wall of Shame" with other project bikes.

I let her pick her color from a stunning array of rattle cans, and the saga begins! A quick detergent wash, quick sanding, and I begin to lay on color (I wish it was PPG from my new top-loader, but this time rattle can).

Stuff about the little bike, geeze where do I start?

OK wow, Pedal extenders and Exhaust manifold by Miles (swim engineering), Pipe is Brand X Motorbike X-pipe, with clamp and fishtail.

Mount is brand Gr, if you are not careful the sideways adjusting slots on this type will cause your engine to be in crooked and throw chains and cause premature hair loss (from pulling it out in handfuls).

Kit is standard, tranny cover was smashed in a shipping accident so I vynlaled it to match the accents on the bike. Engine cover painted black with Plastic paint. Briggs and Stratton fuel filter. Tank is NOS Grube silver from a Starfire kit.

Tranny mount is a seat post clamp, allthread, and some nuts and lockwashers.

Front fork is inexpensive new 1" MTB with center pulls, front wheel 26x1.75 tire Cheng shin 26x1.5 street slick. Bars and stem are stock Murray circa 1980. Levers are matching locking levers one type that we had supplied with kits.

Rear wheel 24x2.125 type Goodyear type Cheng Shin blackwall, HD tubes, 8-ball 1950's style valve caps..

Gearing 9x48x 24 Balloon, accelerates well pulls away from stop VERY easily, easier for Wifey to handle, and to manage the clutch, faster ratio than my bikes.

Saddle is Velo webspring flamed with blue outline. Seatpost is Murray with a slice of modern post I welded to the top to fit modern saddle.

Sprocket is "Lucky Seven" type, crank is old 20 bike forged steel American, Chain is KMC Chrome and needs to be either adjusted or cut again. Vintage White pedals are AMF 1960's vintage.

Rear shorty fender is NOS 24" wald Front, cut. Wald brace. Rear reflector must be orig Murray equiptment because I did not move it.

Center stand is Nuvo cast alloy, powder coated I've been selling these for years.

If I missed anything please ask, BTW if it was not truly clear, apparently "Parts is Parts'?

WifeybikeLeftside.jpg

Wifeybikertside.jpg

wifeybiketrannymount.jpg

Hope you like it as much as she does.
See you at the ride in OC on the 18th.

Brand X engine kits are available from your local Dealers in many parts of the country.

Mike

No Truck

Give me a Call if your bike is done maybe we can figure out some way to get you there 714 536-3940

Checkin it out!

Hi all, well, a couple of us are going out tomorrow AM to scope out the ride path, and we can report the details here so that you attendees will of the be able to get a clear picture starts, stops, meals, fees for the Park, (if any).

Anyway, more TOMORROW!

Mike

A very nice park

OK, the park is very nice, and there is a Zoo for 2.00 per person more, tho I did learn that they do not have any monkeys. For some this may be a problem BUT, I'm feeling sure that I can manage ina total lackof Monkeys.

There is a little train, and rental Horses, Nice paved roads, and clearly marked where to ride and where to keep off.

John and Raully have a ride planned out to Irvine Lake. Get here at 8am, to have Breakfast, or 9:am if you want to skip the breakfast.

If you ride the bike into the park, there is no charge, if you drive in the weekend charge is 5.00.

If you have any questions, you can call Russel at 949 467-1878, and you just might get what you want to hear?

Mike

I'll be rollin down there with a couple o' cats with MBs of their own. Lookin forward to the ride, espescially cuz my biker pals will give me **** for not ridin with them! Later

NewRiders

Hello! AngrySamoan! Bring all the guys and bikes you can! I'm bringing some stuff that maybe you-all have not seen before. Tires, centerstands, Big Carbs for the 2-strokes, and some other stuff.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Mike

tried as i might i haven't finished shoe horning the engine into the frame :( however i did come up with an answer to that and other exciting questions. so today i will not be able to bring the bike but i will bring my daughter if i can get her up in time

Morning comes early

Hi, well apparently there are a lot of people coming who are reading and not posting so expect to meet quite a few people here.

It looks like that breakfast will begin at 8:00, and parking is free at Chapman and Jamboree, with about a 1/4 mile drive to the park, or drive in and pay the 5 bucks to get the vehicle in.

It's looking like 10-11 in the park, with a strong 24 mile ride in one direction that includes some grades,and assorted smaller casual buzzes all around a very nice neighborhood.

You should easily find my Orange and Yellow Chevy camper van in the park. ask for Russel if you get lost or need more info.

Should be breaking up around 4 we think but who knows?

bobby, you should be able to get her up ok?

Mike

so cal ride

Thanks to everyone that made it to the ride on on the 18th. I sure had fun on the ride and at the meet and greet in the park. It was nice to meet new people.I would like to thank Bobby-Brazil for follwing us in his car it was nice to know he and his girl where behind us.And to the guy riding the dax motorized bike thanks for putting me in your prayers. Sorry i do not remember your name.
Thanks Raully Russell (aka) big boy:giggle:

yeah i thought it was pretty cool, it would've been nice to have had the bike up and running but i thought it should be tested before i brought it out, most of the ride was kept around 20+ miles an hour due to technical difficulties, but according to my dash board the guys hit 40 mph once (going down hill), my daughter thought cooks corner was interesting. the only bad thing about the trip is that raulley and hb local had these felt bikes that were so cool, so on monday after the ride i went to jones' bikes on 2nd st in long beach to only find out they no longer carry felt bikes, so it looks like i'll have to drive to huntington beach and find one over there. these bike are so cool in person they look like factory bikes, i didn't talk to everyone there at the park, but there was one bike i wanted to take the time to mention, the owner i believe was from australia and had a pretty cool bike the tank was hand formed and the tires were schwalbes, but what i liked most about this bike were the little touches that i figure 99% of people never see, were all of the welded brackets, like the chain tensioner, but there were alot of that type of touches on his bike that probably goes unnoticed nice job, i'm running out of space so thumbs up to all who made it

Back