[SOLD] - New Pre-ban GruBee 48cc Round-head engine

I have a 2005 GruBee 48cc round-head "Wing Ding II (also called Pico 50) engine (only) on eBay right now. This is from an unused kit that has been sitting on the shelf for four years. We're selling the engine from the kit because we're using the other parts from the kit for a four-stroke project.
The engine comes with the carburetor, mount extenders and extra spark plug. If you have an HT that's on its last legs, here's a great replacement engine. I have one of these on my '80 Western Flyer, and it's a strong runner. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160361192876&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Last edited:
is this a direct replacement for the HT? meaning same mounting points and all. I have the 66cc right now and would like a more reliable replacement if it ever came down to it

This should be a direct replacement. I bought this kit after Kilroy had such good luck with his but then I found Whizzers and went that way. It has been sitting in the box in the back of my closet since May of 2005. Kilroy is listing this for me because he is good at the Ebay thing. I only know how the buy stuff not sell. I think you would be quite happy with it.

Jim

is this a direct replacement for the HT? meaning same mounting points and all. I have the 66cc right now and would like a more reliable replacement if it ever came down to it

It is a direct replacement, as it is one of the many variants of the HT engine. But these earlier GruBees have a difference, in that GruBee specified European bearings for the engines instead of the less costly Chinese bearings.

Last edited:
If i had not just bought a new husqvarna dirtbike, I would be on this, the wife would kill me if I buy anything again soon

I'm interested too if it falls through

I have a 48cc Grubee Skyhawk. if this is a direct fit replacement for that engine, or very very similiar, I am seriously interested.

PM if you want, in case your buyer falls through.

I built a bike with grubee 48cc, and will possibly stock a replacment engine for later (commuter).

what ban took effect?

I am new to these motor bicycles. What ban came into effect after 2005?

I am outraged that the "EPA" (government tax organization) is after bike motors, when people are struggling to keep shelter and people are losing their jobs and cars left and right. Who cares about weedeater bikes? At 100mi a gallon its way better than a car, right?

Back