Some advice

Robert41

Local time
12:40 AM
Has anyone put a zip screw/self tapping screw through the front mount to help keep the motor in place I think it's okay and benifical I just have not done it yet I'm looking for opinions

I wouldn't recommend that. If you want to improve the front mount, get a u-bolt style version and use a shim between mount and frame for added frame protection and mount stability. Avoid putting extra holes in your motor and bicycle frame.

I wouldn't recommend that. If you want to improve the front mount, get a u-bolt style version and use a shim between mount and frame for added frame protection and mount stability. Avoid putting extra holes in your motor and bicycle frame.
This is exactly what I do.
D0D4A107-8A8C-4AB7-8981-468E38E10FD2.png

The most secure mount is always a V-frame bicycle like the instructions call for. Barring that, most cruisers come with a curved downtube and the muffler clamp adapters, although somwhat less secure, is going to work OK.

I could see that someone could just add a couple 1 & 1/2" hose clamps on either side of the U-bolt shank if you're concerned that the front clamp will slide, It shouldn't in most cases, as the seat tube takes most of the driving forces from the engine.

V-frame bikes though are the ideal set up.

Back