some development :)

Some pictures,to show what can be built from russian 1.2hp engine :)
16-01-07_1813.jpg

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

foto_0393_198.jpg

DSC00089small.JPG

DSC00093small.JPG

Small list what's done to the engine:
- reedvalve direct intake
- Tillotson 24mm carburator
- watercooled cylinder with some porting (3 extra ports made and enlarged existing ones)
- kawasaki kx65 radiator
- electronic battery ignition
- GOL special piston with hardchromed L-ring
- Piaggio conrod
- selfmade clutch

What's missing yet:
expansion chamber, clutch cover, ignition cover, chain

Some new video stuff...I'm the one with blue jacket and red helmet, also featuring at the end of the video :)
I totally screwed up with brakes (oiled them), so I had to brake with shoe to the tarmac :) One lap more and I would been braking with my skin :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pMcOEI6Xz1k

I love the look of that engine, it just looks lean and mean.

Is that an actual dirt bike your putting it into? or a weird bicycle frame with fairings?

I know nothing about dirtbike models, so I can't tell.

JosephGarcia said:
I love the look of that engine, it just looks lean and mean.

Is that an actual dirt bike your putting it into? or a weird bicycle frame with fairings?

I know nothing about dirtbike models, so I can't tell.
It's Riga-13 moped frame (uses same engine) but there's not much left of it.
The arc-shaped tube is added because of the reed valve and square-section upper tubes to fit different fuel tank and saddle. All the plastics, tank and saddle are from Chinese pit bike (4-stroke 125cc dirt bikes, Honda Monkey copied engines, u know)

damn dude that is sickkk... um you know what would be similar to that... the motorcoss bike from x games... it looks like a real dirt bike but u pedal it... just put in a engine in that and your good to go.... it would be like riding a dirt bike down the street but cops cant do anything since its a moped....

Vax - You are having too much fun. Years ago we could pull off something like that but now everyone is so worried about a law suite, OH well. That porting looks familiar, "a full race Yamaha!". I have seen a few of the Russian engines for sale but they are all from China would never hold up like that. That clutch basket looks like it is off a XR75 honda. Does the Russian engine come with an Iron sleeve? The ingenuity is the best part, keep us informed and keep up the U tube. Have fun, Dave

PS: I wonder what you could do with a real Whizzer! I know what I would do if I had one there. DO you have good Hospitals?

this is the bike i was talkin about putting an engine on...
but i think the frame would make it difficult for an engine unless you get real creative... do you guys think that you would be able to take the fairings of and mount it on a bmx and then put the engine one??

X-Games-BMX-Motobike.jpg

I think it could be done. You would have to make the engine a stress part of the frame. I.E cut out the down tube and replace it with the engine, ignoring the front mount and using the head bolts, look like a PW50 Yamaha. Have fun, Dave

thats rediculous...i just cant even fathem the work you put into that and the cost...you shoulda just bought a kawasaki kx80 or kx85 motor..

great job though, though i think it's be more unique on a bicycle instead of a pitbike frame

great job though, jon

Back