Some Idiot with a welder in Australia

Local time
5:46 AM
Here it is. My solution to quick and easy transport around town.
Its taken around 3 months to get to its finished stage but right now im just chasing down gearing problems, jackshaft issues and tuning issues (I can tune efi no problems but carbs confuse me.
It likes to break bearing mounts or destroy spur gears intermittently.

The bike it's self was found on a hard garbage pile and the engine was $80 originally. I put a billet rod and flywheel in it aswell as upgraded valve springs and a flat top piston.
The motor originally had a shaved and ported head.

So far its been able to run nicely at 80km/h (50mp/h) and ive had it at around 100km/h (60mp/h) but my gearing is still too tall

below are some photos of the build process.

G'dye, mite!

That engine looks huge, what's it from? You might want to put a rear fender on to keep the gears from getting fouled. A little pebble could really ruin your day.

I love how the giant frame instantly looked tiny once the motor was installed lol.

Sick, love the geared jackshaft setup.

Looks cool mang I was thinking about using a gx120 for my bike. I have a harbor freight, (an American store) 79cc now. Did a few simple mods 15 lb springs, gov delete, better plug and chopped muffler. 40mph maybe but haven’t tested.

Looks cool mang I was thinking about using a gx120 for my bike. I have a harbor freight, (an American store) 79cc now. Did a few simple mods 15 lb springs, gov delete, better plug and chopped muffler. 40mph maybe but haven’t tested.
Thanks, dude. I was playing with the idea of a classic 80cc 2-stroke bike kit but it's not crazy or wild enough for my taste so I went with this route. I'm hoping moving up form a 48T rear sprocket to a 56t (10t clutch/ 14t on both ends of the jackshaft) Will help it get into its power band rather than lugging it up until 80kph then it picks up in rpm properly. I'm considering a dry disk clutch also.

You made a good choice with the 4 stroke. I learned my lesson with the unbranded kit engines. They need a lot of work and need the top end rebuilt every few thousand. They will drive you crazy after a while. Air leaks are common and the aluminum head gaskets don’t last as long as a copper or other material gasket. Some swear by them but I don’t like them.

Back