Some questions (images)

Local time
7:46 PM
Got a 100cc engine kit, instructions are not clear, I have a couple questions:

1. Ignition box has 2 female cables: black and red. They have 2 slots on the red, and 2 slots on black.

The throttle male cable appear crimped and do not stay inside the ignition box cables (they slide out right away)... Where do they go? There are only 4 female slots, and 5 male cables.

2. theres a threaded bolt on the spark plug (see on and off pic), do I remove this or keep on?

3. How exactly do you start the bike engine? Do I just start peddling and it auto starts?

4. Which way does the gas filter go? (see pic of what I believe is correct)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 140
Unhook your white wire & just tape it up. Dont worry bout it. Plug your green wire from kill switch into same plug as red wire. Then hook black wire from kill switch to black wire on engine.

4. Which way does the gas filter go? (see pic of what I believe is correct)
It goes exactly the opposite way then how you marked it...larger white top side is towards the carby.

2. theres a threaded bolt on the spark plug (see on and off pic), do I remove this or keep on?
That depends on the spark plug boot...some are designed to clip right in to the threaded end, others, like mine, are designed to accomodate the screw on cap, you will have to see which way locks in place easily.

It goes exactly the opposite way then how you marked it...larger white top side is towards the carby.

That depends on the spark plug boot...some are designed to clip right in to the threaded end, others, like mine, are designed to accomodate the screw on cap, you will have to see which way locks in place easily.
Knowing that kit, I bet he needs spark plug cap tip screwed on.

Thanks for the info, fixed everything.

Never ridden a motorcycle so no experience in this. Trying to ride the bike is almost impossible (both pulling and not pulling the clutch), the tire drags, and any forward motion feels like the engine piston is rotating, then tire drags again, etc. The clutch lever on the engine (dont know name) possibly doesnt pull as smoothly as seen in some videos. Full movement can be seen in video, thats the max it pulls. Taking off the cover and looking at the mechanism I dont see how it does anything, Id imagine it would push the axle inwards disengaging the engine, but this axle is solid and wont move inwards. I dont see how its possible to ride this as a bicycle. I have no gas in it right now, but does the engine start up after the first "chug" or two? Am I missing something that I didnt set with the motor/gear box?

vid:

Thanks for the info, fixed everything.

Never ridden a motorcycle so no experience in this. Trying to ride the bike is almost impossible (both pulling and not pulling the clutch), the tire drags, and any forward motion feels like the engine piston is rotating, then tire drags again, etc. The clutch lever on the engine (dont know name) possibly doesnt pull as smoothly as seen in some videos. Full movement can be seen in video, thats the max it pulls. Taking off the cover and looking at the mechanism I dont see how it does anything, Id imagine it would push the axle inwards disengaging the engine, but this axle is solid and wont move inwards. I dont see how its possible to ride this as a bicycle. I have no gas in it right now, but does the engine start up after the first "chug" or two? Am I missing something that I didnt set with the motor/gear box?

vid:

You need to take that big loop out of cable, then your clutch cable needs adjusted tighter, so your clutch lever dont have soo much free travel.

You need to take that big loop out of cable, then your clutch cable needs adjusted tighter, so your clutch lever dont have soo much free travel.
I can do that np, but the clutch does not appear to be working. It barley moves, even physically pushing the clutch lever in with my hand, it barley moves. The clutch should allow me to bike normally, but it doesnt appear to work. Trying to figure out whats wrong.

Back