Some questions (images)

Local time
5:17 AM
Got a 100cc engine kit, instructions are not clear, I have a couple questions:

1. Ignition box has 2 female cables: black and red. They have 2 slots on the red, and 2 slots on black.

The throttle male cable appear crimped and do not stay inside the ignition box cables (they slide out right away)... Where do they go? There are only 4 female slots, and 5 male cables.

2. theres a threaded bolt on the spark plug (see on and off pic), do I remove this or keep on?

3. How exactly do you start the bike engine? Do I just start peddling and it auto starts?

4. Which way does the gas filter go? (see pic of what I believe is correct)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 140
I can do that np, but the clutch does not appear to be working. It barley moves, even physically pushing the clutch lever in with my hand, it barley moves. The clutch should allow me to bike normally, but it doesnt appear to work. Trying to figure out whats wrong.
There is nothing wrong, it just needs some adjustment. On the right side of the engine there is a tear shaped cover, take that off. Under there, you'll see a large gear and a small gear. In the center of the large gear there is a big nut (flower nut) held in by a little screw, remove the little screw and turn the flower nut in tighter. Pull the lever and see if the bike will roll. If not, adjust the cable from the lever at the engine a little bit, just loosen the screw on that little arm in your video and pull some cable through and retighten the screw while you hold the cable tight. Pull the lever and try to roll the bike. If it rolls, you're fine, if it kinda wanna grab, then go back to the flower nut. Pull the lever and turn the flower nut in some more. Between the flower nut and the clutch arm is all the adjustments that there is on the engine.

Pro tip: get rid of the little screw on the clutch arm and use a cable stop instead, half the time that little screw will strip and the other half it will crack the arm.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the info, fixed everything.

Never ridden a motorcycle so no experience in this. Trying to ride the bike is almost impossible (both pulling and not pulling the clutch), the tire drags, and any forward motion feels like the engine piston is rotating, then tire drags again, etc. The clutch lever on the engine (dont know name) possibly doesnt pull as smoothly as seen in some videos. Full movement can be seen in video, thats the max it pulls. Taking off the cover and looking at the mechanism I dont see how it does anything, Id imagine it would push the axle inwards disengaging the engine, but this axle is solid and wont move inwards. I dont see how its possible to ride this as a bicycle. I have no gas in it right now, but does the engine start up after the first "chug" or two? Am I missing something that I didnt set with the motor/gear box?

vid:

I got some pajama bottoms like those

Pedal it hard and get some speed up... Read up into the common problems double check everything lose any fenders you have or safety guards... Unless you have fabrication experience...

There is nothing wrong, it just needs some adjustment. On the right side of the engine there is a tear shaped cover, take that off. Under there, you'll see a large gear and a small gear. In the center of the large gear there is a big nut (flower nut) held in by a little screw, remove the little screw and turn the flower nut in tighter. Pull the lever and see if the bike will roll. If not, adjust the cable from the lever at the engine a little bit, just loosen the screw on that little arm in your video and pull some cable through and retighten the screw while you hold the cable tight. Pull the lever and try to roll the bike. If it rolls, you're fine, if it kinda wanna grab, then go back to the flower nut. Pull the lever and turn the flower nut in some more. Between the flower nut and the clutch arm is all the adjustments that there is on the engine.

Pro tip: get rid of the little screw on the clutch arm and use a cable stop instead, half the time that little screw will strip and the other half it will crack the arm.

This was the problem. The flower nut was too tight, I loosened it and now the clutch works, I pull and can bike normally.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
By the way, the gasket on the engine is pretty torn up (the same side where the flower nut is). Is it important I replace this? What is the purchase of this gasket here? I dont think this side of the engine has any pressure as its the clutch / gear box area, is it to keep dirt / water out? Any suggestions on a material I can use to DIY replace? May trace out some rubber and slide it in, if not any sources I can buy a replacement gasket?

Gonna give this a ride tomorrow, excited.

By the way, the gasket on the engine is pretty torn up (the same side where the flower nut is). Is it important I replace this? What is the purchase of this gasket here? I dont think this side of the engine has any pressure as its the clutch / gear box area, is it to keep dirt / water out? Any suggestions on a material I can use to DIY replace? May trace out some rubber and slide it in, if not any sources I can buy a replacement gasket?

Cut a new gasket out of a cereal box. Also you can check with @mark20 & see if he offers the clutch cover gasket.

It gives you a bit of clearance between the cover and clutch too, a piece of cereal box works just as well. Rubberize it with a smear of silicone and let dry before putting it on.

The sample pack is a good place to start...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-190852.png
    Screenshot_20220409-190852.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 106
Back