Some serious 4 stroking

I did have my needle at the top notch to lean it out but I pulled the plug and it was getting a white tint so I moved it back to the middle... now I was thinking of downsizing the jet but the thing is idk if its the jet size or the fuel ratio I run it's 40:1 little rich but I'm trying to tune the carb to run 40.. also just an FYI the viper exhaust is a tiny bit thinner near where it mounts I've heard this may cause 4 stroking not sure

Well I've been told it should 4 stroke flat ground occasionally... soon as Im not accelerating its 4 stroke all the way till I either hit a hill or stop gassing it
You need a smaller sprocket to help tackle the four stroking on cruise. I imagine your geared to high. Do you have a lot of hills?

I was thinking I should try and cut the stock pipe into a straight pipe then cut the bendy tube off the viper weld the straight pipe and the viper together

I was thinking I should try and cut the stock pipe into a straight pipe then cut the bendy tube off the viper weld the straight pipe and the viper together
The bendy tube is the biggest prob with that exhaust. Go to the hardware store or auto store and. Buy some bent pipe the right size and clamp it on if no welder.

Electrical conduit of the right size works on these. Just get a bender and bend some up. I have a tube bender on my bench at home and a pipe rocker. 3/4-7/8 pipe works good on stock motors.

You need a smaller sprocket to help tackle the four stroking on cruise. I imagine your geared to high. Do you have a lot of hills?
I have the 44 tooth original sprocket and yes and no with the hills... yes there's quite a few but I live in a relatively flat area so they aren't serious hills usually not a huge slope and when I go uphill It'll actually stop the 4 stroking

I have the 44 tooth original sprocket and yes and no with the hills... yes there's quite a few but I live in a relatively flat area so they aren't serious hills usually not a huge slope and when I go uphill It'll actually stop the 4 stroking
Try a 36-40 sprocket. I'll bet that takes care of most of your 4 stroking on cruise. Should still have a little, its just the 2 stroke.

I was thinking about doing that but I was told that those sprockets put it under constant load and I don't think putting it under load all the time is the way to fix it if it's most likely a carb tuning issue

I was thinking about doing that but I was told that those sprockets put it under constant load and I don't think putting it under load all the time is the way to fix it if it's most likely a carb tuning i
You do know 2 strokes work under load and 4 stroke not on a load. A loaded 2 stroke runs, and unloaded one 4 strokes and eventually fouls plugs and wears out the engine. You need a constant load. No load, your engine will chugga chugga, these don't work like. 4 stroke that doesn't care about load.

You need to do some research on these engines. Your thinking 4 stroke. Learn how they work and you'll understand why they need the constant load on them. Your wasting gas and building carbon when you four stroke all the time. The carbon rhen2 turns to a rock and wears away parts. The loaded engine blows the carbon off before it sticks.

You do know 2 strokes work under load and 4 stroke not on a load. A loaded 2 stroke runs, and unloaded one 4 strokes and eventually fouls plugs and wears out the engine. You need a constant load. No load, your engine will chugga chugga, these don't work like. 4 stroke that doesn't care about load.

You need to do some research on these engines. Your thinking 4 stroke. Learn how they work and you'll understand why they need the constant load on them. Your wasting gas and building carbon when you four stroke all the time. The carbon rhen2 turns to a rock and wears away parts. The loaded engine blows the carbon off before it sticks.
See but the thing is many will run without a constant 4 stroke off the 44 tooth sprocket including my last motor... this should be a sign that the issue isn't gearing but probably carb tuning or ignition timing... sure slapping a smaller gear on should fix it but if I know the problems the tuning that seems like slapping a bandaid where we need stitches to me... I'm gonna end up putting a lower gear on but I feel like this is an issue that can be solved before I do that

Trust me bud I'm not thinking 4 stroke I'm thinking fix the problem instead of cover it up with smaller gears... if I was thinking 4 stroke I'd say the problems non existent because yanno... 4 strokes meant to 4 stroke

Back