Somebody’s else’s problem field

MarcMotorHead

Local time
8:01 AM
Well it’s been 2 weeks since I finished my bike, and I have also noticed that the bike seems to emit a somebody’s else’s problem field, does any body else experience this phenomenon? When people do notice the bike their reaction is positive. It is the most fun I have ever had going to work everyday! It’s simply an amazing way to commute.

In one instance I pulled up to a guy driving a nice new Porsche, at a stop. he had the top down at first he did not notice me but then he must have seen me out of the corner of his eye and did a double take and then gave me a thumbs up!

On Friday I drove by on local municipal security guy and two cops and nothing, but I did kill the engine as I saw them so that probably helped

I was wondering if it is broken in now I have driven approx 90 miles Not including test runs so it could be over 100 miles and I have Burt over gallon and half of gas, but during the first week I had a gas leak I have noticed that the mileage has improved and the engine seems to the higher end more now when I dare to go over half throttle, and it is smoothing out. It has also been very cool around 50 or so, most days I have to wear gloves I thing that could be a good thing for the break in.

I have attacked two photos of my bike does anyone had any name ideas?

Attachments

• Bike.jpg.jpg
    Bike.jpg.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Back of bike.jpg.jpg
    Back of bike.jpg.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Nice looking ride. I would reinforce those fender stuts if you havent already. Read alot about vibration breaking them and then into the spokes....

I have attacked two photos of my bike does anyone had any name ideas?

"The Silver Streak"?????

Definitely a good-lookin' bike! :)

I was wondering if it is broken in now I have driven approx 90 miles Not including test runs so it could be over 100 miles and I have Burt over gallon and half of gas, but during the first week I had a gas leak I have noticed that the mileage has improved and the engine seems to the higher end more now when I dare to go over half throttle, and it is smoothing out. It has also been very cool around 50 or so, most days I have to wear gloves I thing that could be a good thing for the break in.

I would run the gas to oil mixture at 20:1 for at least another 1/2 to 1 full gallon more, but that's just me... Also, when I was breaking my HT in, I gassed 'er WOT once and a while--just not for too long (maybe a couple of blocks at a time). Now, after about 600 miles, I use synthetic oil and lean the mix out to 30:1--she runs smooth (as of today!) :) :) :)

Last edited:
I would name your bike Fred.

Fred is a good name.

Fred is a fine name!!

Nah. Think of something Mythical.

Like Zeus.

Be sure to secure that muffler to the frame somehow. They tend to work themselves free and blow exhaust gaskets if they're left hanging just by the manifold bolts.

There's a creepy old guy with 8-10 rusted out huffy bikes in his redneck yard with an old faded "for sale" sign. He was out getting his mail, smoking a stogie down to the nub, unshaven, when I zipped by.

He looked at me and "got it".

Back