Someone help plz!..small gear wont turn.

Big joe 3288

Local time
4:27 AM
I hope im doing this right..so i bought a used 66cc after putting what money i had together that wasn't running but the engine was turning over, this being my 4th bike i felt confident on repairs..first there was no compression so i adjusted the clutch and put new ngk plug...i tried to fire up but i only got sputtering and flames out of the exhaust..then i towed it really well to rule out flooding..after good daytime inspection i found the head was not bolted all the way down so i did so and now the the piston does not move with plug in or out i notice small gear not turning!

I'd first take off head in case piston is hitting it.

Thanks..but i took top off and still no action..then took bottm off no action..us it possible something could be bent or stuck..and i heard some stuff about woodruff keys im not sure what that is but could it possibly be broken?...oh also none of the gears move only clutch plate.

could be something stuck in the teeth of the large & small bevel gears - lock the clutch lever released and try to turn the small bevel gear with a screwdriver in the slot of its bolt - try both ways & look at the teeth for chunks stuck there

most common thing is that your motor is seized though

I checked out the gears nothing seem to be stuck..small gear wont turn..they both turn fine before i tightened the head down which was the original problem this only happen after i tightened down the head and put new plug in .. but it never ran could i have seized it just trying to start it?

possibly, but usually that would mean it had serious problems before that

Back