Someone put **** in my fuel, now I have problems :(

F

Fox

Some human trash put what looks like cooking oil into my fuel. It clogged the normal filter pretty badly, I added a normal motorbike fuel filter and it clogged that one too, but not before some of it got through :censored:

Anyway, I was intending on doing some maintenance, I replaced the fuel lines, cleaned out the filters, cleaned out the tank, replaced the spark plug lead with an old one from the car, cleaned the carb and replaced the head (The original had a crack since new). I also cleaned out the combustion chamber and spark plug while I was there.

Now, it runs, but its a little choppy and has an odd sound. If I didnt think it was impossible I would say that it sounds like the piston is striking the head. It occurs mostly when under load. At 40 just over kph it sounds almost like a whine or whistle, rather loud as well. I have never head this sound out of my bike before.

Any ideas?

A leaking or blown head gasket could make that sound. If that is the case, there should be some oil where it is leaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw the thread title, all I could think was: "impressive aim and balance"...but now you say it's cooking oil- I'm much less impressed.

that sound could be hitting the spark plug check size with the other one and see ho they match up

It would be nice if we can have locking gas caps for these tanks. I wonder if it's at all possible?

well if you have noticed augi has a locking key gas cap i think it is off a 80's
honda from the look ask him for what it is

Sorry to go off topic but, Hough, I laughed so hard, I spit my popcorn out!
Good one.
Doc

Back