Sorry posted elsewhere 1st

ozzyu812

Local time
4:29 AM
Dont really know what to say about myself. I'm 39 in NH. I have a mechanical and fabrication background. I can't stop thinking about getting my bike engine when ever the $600 tax rebate/refund comes. I've decided I'm also goin too get a tune up stand and rim truing tool. If it work well I've just about talked my wife into one also. About how may of these things are around? Never saw one.

Welcome to MBc. I think there are a few Members from NH. You can look at the Members List.

hi, you might concider the 4stroke gebe, 30min. install, no oil mix, 200mpg, quiet and quick, ride on

Hi Ozzt. Welcome to MBc!
If you are spending your total rebate check this might be a great option. Since the kits cost around 600.

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Or if your looking for a speedy engine for very cheap, then check out the chinese 2-stroke frame engines from thatsdax.com, they are commonly called happy time engines. If your looking for reliability however then I wouldnt recommend, if you know your way around an engine though then it shouldnt be much trouble. Welcome aboard to MBc read through as there is tons of information just waiting for you, any problems you cant find the answer too, just ask!
Fastboy

I've pretty much made up my mind to get a Happy Time. This one in particular: http://www.boostbottleindustries.com/bicycle_engine_kit_2stroke_70cc.html
Most of the 4 strokes I've seen mount on top on the rear wheel. That is where the basket is for my lunch box. Also the ones I've seen have a pull start. I'd rather start and stop it on the fly. If you guys know of a 4 stroke that mounts where the 2 stroke does with no pull start for 200 - 300 bucks I will certianly consider it. I don't plan on spending the entire $600, I'd like to keep the build around $400 initally. So far I figure 200 for engine/motor kit, 25 fpr magneto, 130 for the tune up stand and rim truing tool and the rest for shipping and the unforseen.
I'm not really looking for speed. The way I interpret the law on these without a driver licence, it can't go over 20 mph. So it will be illegal unitil I get a really large rear sprocket and/or restrictive exhaust. :devilish:
Got to go will check back later
Thanx!

Last edited:
Back