Sources for ROBIN-SUBARU EHO35

Sorry to hijack this thread, but could someone recommend a reputable place to get the larger Honda GX50? The only place I knew of was Bicycle-Engines.com and they no longer carry it.
Is there something about the GX50 that makes them undesirable?

Even though it's a Japanese Company, the small motors are farmed out to the chinese. I think people are finally beginning to understand that.

Is there a big difference between the suburu and Honda, or is this a Chevy Ford kinda thing?

Anyway OP, you asked if there was a big difference, so you get the picture. After all, we're talking about weedwacker engines here for a couple hundred, not high performance sports cars, lol.

Sometimes it just comes down to availability and which is easier for you to get your hands on. Good luck with your project.

This is what you want, and its only $225.
http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=GX35&desc=Honda 1.6hp GX35 OHC Mini 4 Stroke Clutch-Drive (Horizontal or Vertical Mount) 7000 RPM

I was looking at that just the other day and I don`t understand exactly what it comes with or still needs in addition. The listing says very plainly "Engine only" and then has a listing for the clutch underneath. So I take it the clutch is not considered part of the engine? But the carb and fuel tank are? And about centrifical clutches (I have zero experience with them, so please bear with me), I see clutch housings, clutch rotors, and clutch drums all listed separately on other sites. Would all that be part of the $74 "clutch" that SEW offers? Thanks for cluing me in :).

Hi 'Rodar', small engine warehouse is located in my town, Muncie,IN. They don't carry the clutch pack for the Honda 50 any longer. www.staton-inc.com does have them listed. The clutch pack or drive is the portion which attaches to the engine drive shaft. Includes the spring tensioned shoes & pads. Centrifical force of the engine spinning forces the shoes to pivot outward engaging the clutch drum or bell. BMP's friction drive comes w/ the clutch bell. There's another issue w/ using the GXH 50 for motorbiking. You need to modify the throttle mechanism since the included item is for setting and running at a constant speed w/o spring return. Think tiller or generator. Hope this helps.

Back