Sourcing Parts for Wheel Build

Yes, but I don't understand why that matters. I want to build a pair of new wheels with all new parts, nothing is coming from the old wheels. As per my OP, I'm just looking to source new parts. Was hoping the wheelbuilders could point me in the right direction.
Well if you have double-walled rims on your original wheels, the technique I mentioned earlier about remove an original spoke and replacing it with an upgraded spoke is a great way to learn how to build wheels. You just don't want to put good spokes on single-walled rims. Even just truing your original wheels is a good place to start learning.

I personally just go on eBay or Amazon to get parts to build wheels with.

Well if you have double-walled rims on your original wheels, the technique I mentioned earlier about remove an original spoke and replacing it with an upgraded spoke is a great way to learn how to build wheels. You just don't want to put good spokes on single-walled rims. Even just truing your original wheels is a good place to start learning.

I personally just go on eBay or Amazon to get parts to build wheels with.

Agreed, truing wheels is a great start, but I've been doing that for years — ready for the next step. I've got some great videos and tutorials on wheelbuilding, just want to do it — a simple three-cross build! 😃

And true that Amazon and eBay often have low prices, and are convenient, but I try to support the little guy when I can. (e.g., SBP, GEBE, etc. Was really hoping to find their equivalent in the world of wheelbuilding.) But that's just me.

Agreed, truing wheels is a great start, but I've been doing that for years — ready for the next step. I've got some great videos and tutorials on wheelbuilding, just want to do it — a simple three-cross build! 😃

And true that Amazon and eBay often have low prices, and are convenient, but I try to support the little guy when I can. (e.g., SBP, GEBE, etc. Was really hoping to find their equivalent in the world of wheelbuilding.) But that's just me.
The best I can tell you on that is find you a local reputable bicycle shop.

Back