Sparesbrook

Heres a cranbrook I pulled out of trash with tires rotting off, so i was needing a bike for my 1st 2 stroke build. I have all these spares parts left over from my 4 stroke build, soo I figured I would use them, will see what I end up with at the end of this project. Since it's made from spare parts will call it the Sparesbrook!
20211001_132802.jpg

I dont mind loud, but the older I get I like just a nice little tone! Not obnoxious like i know that will be without a silencer of some sort. Plus i bet the law would be called without a silencer/muffler.

I like a little noise, but not so much I can hear the motor after I shut off the bike. lol. They are louder than hell with out a muffler. lol. None of my neighbors give a crap, in the hood. I still run a muffler though. Oh and if you want better than a CG muffler modded, try one of those slip ons, just add a adaptor to increase the pipe diameter after your stinger if needed. They usually have some fiber packing to help give it a more bassy lower tone. I like the dirt bike sound a gutted CG muffler with homemade baffle's sounds like, and it's cheapest option, lol.

Lol. Well I'm all about cheap! Plus I like a good hack job/fabrication job. Plus i like seeing & talking about what you guys are doing.

The J pipe totally opens the mz clones up. Add a nice bit of power. I buy them off ebay for about $20 bucks a piece. I can link the seller I use. They ship quick and its all mandrel drawn pipe. Nice and smooth all the way from end to end. USA supplier too.

A belly stinger on the MZ pipe has more torque and better tone. Two ways of doing it, but the easiest is to slip the stinger half way into the expansion chamber. Use 3/4" OD .625 ID pipe, I use mild steel, then I can bend it in my little bender.

Electrical eyelet ( I think I use a #12-14) connector and a little silver solder, and for the pivot, a small cotter. Sliver solder is tougher than the lead stuff.

A piece of L bracket for shelves, use the case screw at the base of the cylinder to angle it up, and attach your cable adjuster with a tapped hole. oh, don't solder it together till you side the cable through the adjuster and bracket, lol.

Check my pic out again to see what I did. Keto for carbs or whatever it was. lol

Back