Break In Spark Plug after break in...

M

mrsaxman99

I think after my 4 gallons of 20:1 for break in, I would like to replace my spark plug (at the same time changing to 40:1)

Any suggestions for a good brand/type? Also, should I check for anything when removing the old one (black or white build up on the plug?)

Thanks!

It really depends on the oil you use. As an example, Amsoil makes a synthetic two cycle oil that is designed to be mixed at 100:1 with gasoline, and I use it at 84:1 in gasoline engined powered RC helicopters with great success.

Any plug will work fine. This isn't a high tech piece of machinery.

I got a plug from almart that fit and has served me well for hundreds of miles.

I have a 2 stroke engine that is 26 years old and still has its original spark plug. I remove it every year and do a gentle cleaning.

I prefer NGK plugs, I'm not sure which heat range you'd need though and you'll want to make sure to have the correct thread length.

NGK B5HS there little longer than standard plug which sits closer to the motor also runs hotter.

Chieflets

longer sparkplug bottom make problems?

would engine piston hit the bottom of spark plugs or something?

Minnesota Hyena said:
longer sparkplug bottom make problems?

would engine piston hit the bottom of spark plugs or something?

If it's long enough, yes it will. To make sure, check the depth of the piston from the top of the spark plug hole when the piston is at top dead center. Then you can transfer that dimention to the spark plug and see if it will hit.

Back