Spark plug gap

45u

stock. none of the aftermarket CDIs are built for 11500 rpm. I use a jaguar on my street bike which only turns around 9800.
What all CDI s have you tired? Have you tried the Jaguar? Just got back trying a gap of .040 this is sure not going to work for me seems like I lost too much top end torque having to pedal at places I have never had to before. So I am going to run .030 from what I was running .o25.

butre

I've tried all but the rocket racing CDI. not much difference between the aftermarket CDIs, the hd lightning is a bit more aggressive than the jaguar. I've also tried and failed to make a good ignition system with an arduino.

I might revisit the arduino thing sometime.

45u

I've tried all but the rocket racing CDI. not much difference between the aftermarket CDIs, the hd lightning is a bit more aggressive than the jaguar. I've also tried and failed to make a good ignition system with an arduino.

I might revisit the arduino thing sometime.

So you have tired the Jaguar? Have you tried checking the spark curves on all or the one you have tired. I like how Jaguar has the dip switches to make changes. I have no want to turn 11k I will be happy with around 7 maybe 8 at the most.

45u

Just looked at the Rocket Racing CDI and using a pill bottle for a case turns me off.

HeadSmess

considering they only use $5 worth of components... how much do you want to pay?

*shudders* arduino... yuk. since my recent experience and crash course into arduino...i havent dared touch my 3d printer... about six months of shrieking and running and cowering in a corner, shivering, every time i glance its way...

engines are easy, coding is not...

jaguar

Vendor
concerning the iridium question. I noticed a positive difference with them on the last 3 rides I've owned and only use them now.