Spark plug gap

Check Harbor freight they are pretty cheap for this style.
That was the most timely post ever, I've got some sled ghosts I'm tracking down right now and the spark looks very weak.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Stupid question: Have you tried unscrewing and trimming the end of the HT (high tension) lead to the plug?

My 208 was doing this weak spark thing and being hard to start, I checked and reset the airgap on the coil and a new plug before deciding to do that... it was the issue the whole time.

They may be glued in place but they all screw into the ignition and the cap until changed/upgraded depending on what you used
That's been done before, the lead is a little short now. I'll get a new lead tomorrow, I might even have a couple in my parts bin.

I'm not sure which plug wires are best for these engines, but I run a solid copper core wire, seems I get the best performance out of them.

Spiral core plug wires should have more ohms resistance per inch than a solid core wire.

The more resistance per inch in a spiral core wire means it takes more voltage to overcome the resistance in the wire resulting in a higher kv voltage, and that's longer dwell/ saturation time. Resulting in a hotter spark.

Back