Spark plug in the way of the piston and a load of other problems

Well here it is where you asked about it....Please don't tell me that you don't double post as you put it.

Oh yeah, I had the problem after making that post. I thought you meant a whole thread.

Each set up is different. Watch that video and it will all make sense. I think that guy does a good job explaining. Some of it gets kind of hard to understand but I don't think you'll need to dive that deep in your situation anyways. Like when he starts explaining problems associated with that part that Idon't know the name of but has a spring on it that goes across the width of the engine.... yeah thats a bit above my head too so don't get flustered if you don't understand it all. We can answer questions you may have.

definitely something wrong with your clutch. take the cover, off, and take a video of what happens in there when you pull the handle.

Also, pulling the handle is 'clutch disengaged', not engaged. the clutch is naturally engaged, by pulling the handle you are disengaging it.

Thank you for the video , most people here just mumble nonsense and never post pictures or videos and then get mad when nobody can help them.

EDIT: using the stock spark plug is fine for break in, but they are crap. Get a proper spark plug. NGK BR8HS is the most common that people buy. Some run BR6HS or BR7HS (the number just means heat range).

@DAMIEN1307 swears by running an 8 in summer and a 6 in winter but I can't speak to that personally.

Also make sure you set the gap , 25 thousandths. Feeler gauges and spark plugs can both be bought from pretty much any autoparts store.

The cover on the opposite side of the engine, teardrop-ish shape. take that cover off. Take a video of pulling the clutch handle in and out.

From my experience they're usually pretty close but never exact. Buy a set of gauges they aren't expensive. Just search feeler gauge on amazon.

definitely something wrong with your clutch. take the cover, off, and take a video of what happens in there when you pull the handle.

Also, pulling the handle is 'clutch disengaged', not engaged. the clutch is naturally engaged, by pulling the handle you are disengaging it.

Thank you for the video , most people here just mumble nonsense and never post pictures or videos and then get mad when nobody can help them.

EDIT: using the stock spark plug is fine for break in, but they are crap. Get a proper spark plug. NGK BR8HS is the most common that people buy. Some run BR6HS or BR7HS (the number just means heat range).

@DAMIEN1307 swears by running an 8 in summer and a 6 in winter but I can't speak to that personally.

Also make sure you set the gap , 25 thousandths. Feeler gauges and spark plugs can both be bought from pretty much any autoparts store.
Wait, I ordered a BR6HS. I have to gap it? I can't just run it as is?

I appreciate everyone's help. I solved the issue. Big shout out to @Zak for anyone who stumbled upon this thread with the same issue. The arm that you run your clutch cable through needed to be adjusted. I had to have my friend push the arm into the engine more while I use pliers and pull on the clutch cable and tighten the screw

It will most likely run fine without checking the gap. I think most of us are anal about it and/or are car guys and always check stuff like that. It's pretty easy to tell by eye whether it's close. To be fair as long as it's close it will most likely be fine.

Back