spark plug keeps getting soaked

stephen7689

Local time
6:11 AM
So I've had the bike for about 6months and never had this problem till now the bike won't start I'm getting good spark but every time I turn over the bike it soaks the plug I take it out dry it off put it back and one turn it's soaked again I took whole engine apart drained it dry put it back together and tried again and plug is soaked again with one turn and I have the carb main jet needle set as lean as I can get it does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem cause I have to get it running for work tomorrow

you can drop the float to decrees the level but thats probably not the issue, check that the main jet is still in place! If it is then you might want to do a compression check.

was the motor full of fuel when you looked? if so, the same problem could have filled it again - check carb paying particular attention to float level

Which way should I adjust it higher or lower? And the motor wasn't full just a few drops here and there

If the float was set right prior to this and ran properly I would check that the cut off needle is working when the float is closing it! You can do this by blowing thru it and manually operate the valve.

sounds like full motor might not be it - did you try leaving gas turned off and putting a few drops in cylinder to see if it would pop a bit? may be just a bad plug

Back