Spark plug question

I've torqued the head down, the plug reaches and it's oily, I'm gonna get some ngk plugs in the mail soon
What setting is your jet at? (If NT carb)

If the plug is really oily than the air-fuel ratio could be too rich, if so try putting the c clip on a higher notch, mine runs great with the c-clip on the top notch.

Best of luck!

Just where your bike is starting to 4 stroke don't go too lean sounds like the bike is running rich adjust the c clip in the carb one notch at a time untill it just barely 4 strokes that is usually a good spot

If the plug is really oily than the air-fuel ratio could be too rich, if so try putting the c clip on a higher notch, mine runs great with the c-clip on the top notch.

Best of luck!
I'll try this first, I feel like adjusting the clip will have a better affect then changing a brand new plug

Would you put Torch brand spark plugs in your car? Answer should be no 99% of techs will tell you. Why put it in your bicycle motor? For $5 I'm going to put a name brand plug in my investment. It's the quality of materials used to make the plug and the engineering in the design that makes a difference. Whether it's longevity or a stronger spark it's worth $5 to me.

Best of luck!
[/Q I have an not carb. there is 4 clip settings it's at 2nd to top

Even with the clip all the way at top it'll still prolly run rich. A re-jet is likely necessary if you want to eliminate "4-stroking" completely.

Some NT carbs have a 5-notch pin. These carbs seem to run richer than older ones with 4-notch pin. Mine has 5-notch pin with clip all the way up and I run 32:1 mix. It still occasionally "4-strokes" under light load. An HT66 has ~40% more displacement than an HT48, they put the same carb on both engines. I never needed to adjust the clip on my HT66s.

Back