spark plug [ resistor or non-resistor - gap ]

F

foyeburger

anybody know know how to tell if a ngk b7hs spark plug is a non-resistor plug or a resistor plug . just jump right in ??? larry ca

also forgot to ask what is the correct plug gap for the 48 cc chinese engines using ngk b7hs plugs

i just bought a b6hs, i was told, but haven't been able to confirm, that's it's non-resistor.

well went to the ngk website and in the # on the plug if it has a R in the letters its a resistor type thats sorta what i got out of the reading there so b6hs or b7hs according to what i read is a non-resitor type but i dont really know there is no R in the ## so im guessing it is a non-resistor type haha!!! anybody really know there plug shi# let us know !!

:LOL:

i just got back from the ngk site...i also knew that "r" is supposed to indicate resistor, but to doublecheck i submitted the contact form, described our engines, and asked for recommendations & advice.

i'll post whatever they send me :)

oh here it is on the grubee site

Remove spark plug and inspect for excess carbon build up. Clean, re-gap to .028- .034 of an inch if necessary. Check plug after every 20 hours of operation. New spark plugs are available from your selling dealer. Be careful using aftermarket spark plugs as heat range and threads differ greatly. Extra plug is included with kit.
larry ca

plug

On one of the other sites we talked about plugs last yr. the general concensis was to gap at .03 and so far I have only worn out 2 plugs the one that came with the kit and one I bought to replace that one had to buy another one this yrae the bike was getting hard to start .... but hay over 3000 miles a plug has the right to say ENOUGH!! lol

Cookie

hey, hiya cookie...thanks for that :)

-----Original Message-----
From: augidog@motoredbikes.com [mailto:augidog@motoredbikes.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 9:56 PM
To: Info
Subject: NGK Form Mail

**** Contact Form & Tech Info Feedback ****

Email From: augidog@motoredbikes.com
VehicleType: bicycle
Make: various
Model: various
Year: various
Engine Type: single cylinder 2-stroke
Comments: hi, i moderate a forum called www.motoredbikes.com and we have
a coupla questions if you don't mind trying to help.

we use 2-stroke engines manufactured in china. 48cc and 70cc for the
most part.

2 aftermarket plugs that we use are the b6hs and the b7hs, but we don't
know *why* we use them, it was suggested is all.

could you recommend a suitable non-resistor spark plug? also, what gap
should we be using?

thanks very much.

NGK said:
Hello,

Both the B6HS and B7HS are non resistor spark plugs. There is a heat
range difference between these two plugs, 6 is hotter and 7 is cooler.
The engine manufacturers will specify the correct plug to use based on
their engineering findings. This will also determine what gap to set
the spark plugs to. For more information and details, I would need to
know more about the machines the spark plugs are used in. Thank you.

Kristopher Zdral
Technical Support Representative
NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.), INC.

while i did put "bicycle" in "vehicle type" & included a link to MBc, it seems they need to know more...but he did give a bit of helpful info.

hummm!! go try augi . yeah kinda sketchy on that info from them . well seem to me these plugs run good the ngk b7 or 6 hs . i just order some of the b6hs plugs i guess they burn a bit hotter havent tried them yet see if i can tell differnce get them in a day here . order a couple to play with larry ca

does anybody use the ngk,,,R b7 , ,somewhere on the forum i read that the r is for radio noise ,,, will these plugs work ,or should i get one without the r

thanks 70cc
japat

Back