spark plug wire assembly?

brydonb

Local time
11:04 PM
Okay, I had to take my spark plug wire off and the thing fell apart. I took a picture of the 3 parts that were inside of it and I just want to know if anyone could tell me the proper order that they go back in? Thanks.

Attachments

• spark plug apart.jpg
    spark plug apart.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 367
This happened to me. Can't be fixed. Just find an automotive wire, cut it to size, and replace it. This is a recommended mod anyway.
The wire end just screws into the ICM.
Also recommended, replace the plug with a NGK BPR6HS. ($2 Available wherever rice burners are sold).

Last edited:
Just make sure to get a solid core non-resistance wire (high performance auto race or normal lawn shop wire). The regular car wires will weaken your spark due to their much higher resistance.

it can be fixed as long as the threads are good
you put the u clip through the brass put the spring in the boot then with a small flat screw driver carefully screw it back together

I have tried both solid core, non-resistor wires and resistor wires and have found no difference in performance. The one advantage that the resistor wires have is solving the dreaded speedometer problem. I used to have to keep resetting my digital speedometer and as soon as I put on the resistor wire it solved the problem.

that is awesome to know. I was having a hard time with my wireless digital speedo. So your saying that it will fix my interference problem? haha who'd have thunk it, lol.

Well I have put my wire back together for now. The small u-clip that goes in there I had to snip it a little bit so that I could screw it back in, it does work, and thanks for everyones replies. I am gonna try to find one of the wires that will allow a digital speedometer though. Happy ridin

Back