Spark plug

DieselTech

Local time
2:49 PM
Ok guys this is after my 8 mile cruise this morning, with cruising around 20-25mph & a hard pull & some speed blips. I'm new 2 these 2 stroke engines, trying to learn correctly. What does my plug show or indicate? I'm running a ngk br6hix plug. I can give engine specs & mods done if needed. Should I go to a ngk br7hix?
20211015_141036.jpg

Attachments

• 20211015_140940.jpg
    20211015_140940.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 120
Chainlube says were good on plug, anybody else wanna give me some heads up on what to keep a eye on.

Good heat, you can tell by how it stops right before the electrode bend, nice cocoa color, oil ring says a little much, but you want some extra with the iron sleeve, or how I ride, lol. No blue color with a whisp of grey, so I know your not using lucas. lol.

Opti-2 synthetic at 32:1 for cruising around, I done 1 tank at 20:1 with opti-2 for engine break in. Thanks for the detailed info. I was thinking i was about right from looking at a few other plugs.

What you have it set at right now is good, you could even go slightly richer , lose some power, but loose some heat too. It will all come back in winter when the air cools. I'll run close to perfect in winter, but slightly rich in summer.

That was kinda of my approach here. With the weather changing & all, is to have it set for winter. I usually go 1 heat range hotter plug in the winter with my 4 strokes, is this something I should do with my 2 stroke?

If you are jetting/tuning up, wouldn't hurt. I usually run same plug. Idk what Ol' Red is going do, First year owning her. I beat on my bikes, so I know they get hot enough to clean the plug. lol.

With the winter slush and ice, there are plenty of chances to burn the tires. lol

I dont know what it is, but my little honda gx35 4 stroke, if I dont go 1 heat range in hotter in the winter it runs like poop! & just the opposite in the summer got to go 1 heat range colder.

Besides mine taking a few more minutes to heat up, they all have ran same in winter or summer. Little more power in winter because of the denser air. Nothing else though but that little bump up. I feel like I can beat on them harder in winter, because of the extra cooling, lol.

Back