Spark plugs revisited

Ixlr8

Local time
2:47 PM
I know this subject has been brought up many times now. But I would like to clear some of it up. One person writes that the plug is hitting the piston. The answer he got back was to put in a shorter reach plug...Very bad advice! Instead do not buy a plug with a "P" in it such as NGK B6phs. The p stands for projected electrode . That is why it hits, get one with out the P in it..take this one for example.

In all my testing the following plug is by far the best. NGK iridium BR7HIX..do not put the NGK iridium BPR7HIX. Once again the p would be the projected and most likely hit the piston. The 7 stands for the heat range/as the number goes up the plug is considered colder

the iridium plug goes for around 10.00 and sure is worth it. I hope nobody minds that I brought this up again. And hope this helps those that dont know or unsure

NGK BP5HS,is what ive been running for a week now.i would know if it was hitting by now wont i?:confused: i pulled it out and checked it today it has no contact marks on it :cry: and its a good colour. shop that sells MB parts recomended it over the origional type,i hope he knows his stuff. coz the origional one is heaps shorter, but the gap hasnt changed at all (checked with feeler guage am i in the clear ? please reply i need to know

Last edited:
don't worry about it, I should have been a little clearer about the following thing..This pertains to a dome piston and not the flat top ones. As far as I know,thanks

Back