Spark plugs, visibly sparking , while riding.

furweider691

Local time
12:03 PM
Yeah I would like to know if I should be able to see the plug sparking through the porcelain when I am riding ? I have never noticed this before tonight , is this common , bad plug , any clue? Thanks in advance for any answer or good guess . I have had the bike for a year , plug came with.

Yeah I would like to know if I should be able to see the plug sparking through the porcelain when I am riding ? I have never noticed this before tonight , is this common , bad plug , any clue? Thanks in advance for any answer or good guess . I have had the bike for a year , plug came with.
You have been running the plug for a year...its the original Chinese plug that comes with these Chinese engine kits...The Chinese plugs are total junk...for less then 3 dollars U.S money, you can replace that plug with a very good NGK-B6HS spark plug...be sure to gap the plug at .025 in, (0.635 mm)...DAMIEN

Ps...The only time ive seen a spark flash through the porcelain is if the plug has been dropped or damaged cracking either the porcelain, the electrode strip running through the plug, or both...just replace it.

You have been running the plug for a year...its the original Chinese plug that comes with these Chinese engine kits...The Chinese plugs are total junk...for less then 3 dollars U.S money, you can replace that plug with a very good NGK-B6HS spark plug...be sure to gap the plug at .025 in, (0.635 mm)...DAMIEN

Ps...The only time ive seen a spark flash through the porcelain is if the plug has been dropped or damaged cracking either the porcelain, the electrode strip running through the plug, or both...just replace it.
Thanks man, I knew I hadn't seen it do that before , do I have to replace the boot also , or will it be compatible w/ new plug.

will it be compatible w/ new plug.
Should be just fine...some boots need the cap on the top, some need you to take the cap off the top of the plug since they are designed for the threaded top rather than the cap top...DAMIEN

Ps...be aware that the spark plug socket hex on that plug is different in size from the chinese plug...your spark plug socket needs to be 13/16th in., (21mm? I think?)

Last edited:
Thanks aga
Should be just fine...some boots need the cap on the top, some need you to take the cap off the top of the plug since they are designed for the threaded top rather than the cap top...DAMIEN

Ps...be aware that the spark plug socket hex on that plug is different in size from the chinese plug...your spark plug socket needs to be 13/16th in., (21mm? I think?)
Thanks again , I should be golden .

Most auto parts stores go by stock numbers on plugs so I’ll attach a picture with both numbers

Attachments

• 8757B7C7-59BA-4C39-B1E6-EAA0D45D5B21.jpeg
    8757B7C7-59BA-4C39-B1E6-EAA0D45D5B21.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 134
Back