spark plugs

E plug

I started using those plugs 2 yrs ago and it did help the preformance + they are shorter than the reg plug they seem to burn hotter .

Cookie

thanks, I had no responses for awhile now, but many thread views. I will give these a try next time I change plugs.

Joe- You could just use an NGK (platinum) or Champion. The reason those plugs may work better is because the original plug that comes with the engine (Chinese) are garbage.

Also, you want to watch using a "hotter" plug than the original specification.

A fuel/oil mix of 40/1 will give better performance than 20/1.

Most products that make a big claim are bogus. Buyer beware.

well, this is OT, but i see people saying "many views but no replies" about their topics...give things time...the board/community has a week-long cycle as people check in when they can. also, you wouldn't want 30 replies that say "i don't know," wouldya? :p

augidog said:
well, this is OT, but i see people saying "many views but no replies" about their topics...give things time...the board/community has a week-long cycle as people check in when they can. also, you wouldn't want 30 replies that say "i don't know," wouldya? :p

I don't believe I was complaining in any way, I know responses don't come fast. I just like to state the obvious. :D

i knew it wasn't a complaint, but it's a common reaction, figured i'd address it FYI 8)

i've learned that "hotter" isn't necessarily better, but "better" is definitely better...replace the plug first chance for reliability. there's a list of suitable replacement numbers somewhere...

The previous owner of the engine gave me a list of replacement plugs he wrote down, and already replaced the plug while he owned the engine. I may need to replace it myself in the coming months and I'm just looking at different brands and seeing what's what. These that claim "more power and HP" caught my attention.

There is a list in "Optimize for your application".
The plugs listed there are as good as it gets and they aren't four bucks+ each.

plug length

Their might be something else to think about. I ordered a universal plug from a chinese dealer thinking it would match my 80cc but upon arrival,I found the universal plug was at least an eighth of an inch longer in the threaded end.
That could mean a couple of things like the piston might hit the plug if the stroke was made for a shorter plug or It could mean a premature burn setting the timing off a minute notch.
Just something to think about.
Brian

Back