Sparkplugs

cbhirkies

Local time
3:45 AM
Decided on getting a new spark plug for the bike and went with this Autolite plug. Gap on stock measures .022 and the Autolite has a gap of .031. I am also going to try the NGK BR6HS as well and am curious about the gap I should run on the plug I choose and how many washers to run on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 75
I was having clearance issues with the ngk and was told to try the autolte 2976 and lately went to the 2974.

I was having clearance issues with the ngk and was told to try the autolte 2976 and lately went to the 2974.
Alternative ngk option is to use a saw style plug (BPMR6A). They are 1/8" shorter on the threads, so they will clear the piston and the projected electrode gets the spark center pushed back out a little for better exposure. They also are shorter on top which is handy for tight spaces.

Piston to S/P clearance
S/P indexing washers or aluminum or copper washer will raise the height of the S/P

Crush washers off old S/Ps can also be used, They will thread off with a little help from some pliers

Piston to S/P clearance
S/P indexing washers or aluminum or copper washer will raise the height of the S/P

Crush washers off old S/Ps can also be used, They will thread off with a little help from some pliers
Stacking crush washers is not something I am the biggest fan of. It can work, but can also potentially be an issue.

Back