Sparks Jumping Around Electrode

If I do have a compression leak and I decide to take the head and cylinder off, would there be oil all over the gasket(s) where the leak was? Are there other indicators?

Chain lube told me before that use a white paper towl being are engines are black.go between the head a cylinder with the towl if there’s oil you found the problem and then jug and where ever else

Is there a temporary way to fix a compression leak without taking anything apart, for a few quick 10 min rides? If the leak is from a gasket.

Last edited:
I had a head stud stripped on threads at top so it wouldn’t tighten correctly. I didn’t have any new ones on hand so I put two of them from old motor. They were a little bend so I kind a force head down on them tighten down. Big mistake by doing that it crack my stock head. So I had to get a new head and gaskets. So make sure your head go on easy and not forced. I did also get new studs. Hope this helps be safe.

Yeah, oil was all over on both sides of the head gasket. Base gasket was fine. Are these microgrooves ok to have on my fred head where the gasket goes? I don't know if it increases or decreases the contact surface area or what it does.

Last edited:
Yeah, oil was all over on both sides of the head gasket. Base gasket was fine. Are these microgrooves ok to have on my fred head where the gasket goes? I don't know if it increases or decreases the contact surface area or what it does.
View attachment 98241
Yes they help to seal it better than just a flat smooth surface would.

Would it be a good idea for me to put microgrooves on the top of the cylinder body too instead of it being flat? The head and cylinder has only a 4mm wide ring that's making contact with the gasket

Or is leaving it flat fine?

Last edited:
Back