Speed Carb Question

Something is seriously wrong when the jet set costs more than the damn entire carb!

...just sayin'.
I just had another thought on your carby from the pic on your other thread...In the pic, I know it was taken at a bit of an angle but is that carby sitting straight up and down when its on both its wheels or is it sitting in an angled postion...Too much angle on these gravity feed type carby's and the motor won't run well as it will getting to much gas resulting in four stroking, poor performance, less throttle response etc. as it is litterally drowning in gas and not enough airflow. for proper combustion.

This could be your actual problem, not the jetting or your need valve C clip adjustment.

It is a must to have these carbs as level as possible.

If it does have an extreme tilt to it, and having performance issues as described and cannot get enough clearance within the frame, and since that stuppy type intake manifold pipe doesn't have a bend in it like the stock one does to make it level, then you will need an offset type of intake manifold like the one in the URL below.

The first one is for the 40mm hole spacing for the hold down bolts, the second one is for the 32mm hole spacing for the hold down bolts...You will need to know if yours is either 40mm or 32mm hole spacing.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
4 stroking when tho? 4 stroking is normal in certain conditions.

4 stroking when tho? 4 stroking is normal in certain conditions.
Not the way he is getting it.

Tang.jpg

On my 48cc I swapped in a JRL bofeng. It was sloppy rich, put in #65 jet, now it runs smooth under load, 4 stroking when not.

I hated that offset. That stunt I did with chopping intake, fitting 90 elbow and using fiberglass wrap covered in JB Weld has held up solid,
Still haven’t welded the exhaust junction, decided I’m gonna wrap it up to the banana and paint it black. Might be friendlier to my leg leaning into the mailbox 😳

EDIT- I’ve wondered if mine is still too rich, but it’s not bogging up hills after warmup, no misses under load, haven’t removed plug in 100 miles, so not messing with it.
218A22A1-EAF1-4164-8E99-9A1AAD316C09.jpeg

EDIT - I actually cut that one off and redid it, little more substantial. I also fit a shim on the carb end, small layer of JB weld to set it, cleaned up seat to mate O-ring.
20220710_154636.jpg

Um...

... lets just pretend that I was dumb enough to manage to LOSE the friggin' clip to the pin to my asian "speed" carb.

Where would I be able to purchase said clip? The one from the new carb works fine but I'd really like to have a few of these on hand as I am all thumbs from time to time.

UNFORTUNATELY I've noticed there is at least a couple different diameters for these pins it seems.

So... no one has a awesome lead on some needle clips? (or has so many themselves they'd be willing to send me a few for a reasonable cost)I mean, I found a few on Amazon, but come on, $22.00 for 5 clips (some serious BS right there). I guess my best bet would be to take the needle down to True-Hardward and see if I can find an E-Clip will fit?

I would just go to a True Value store or any hardware store as they have all sorts of assorted clips like that...Just take the needle with you to size it properly for the groove.

Is the Bofang more sensitive to being level than the NT? I ask as I went back to the NT and the 4-stroking went back to where it was before... which isn't real bad...

Is the Bofang more sensitive to being level than the NT?
I wouldn't know if it was or wasn't since I always mount a motor in such a way as the carby is always level when on both wheels, but then again, I made my own front motor mount in such a way as to be able to mount my engine like that.

IMG_0319.jpg

1.jpg

Notice how much I have backed off the motor away from the front down tube with my homemade motor mount to accomplish this and the next pic show the level of it all on the bike as the end result.

IMG_0353.jpg

This motor mount below should enable you to do the same thing without having to make your own mount though.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I wouldn't know if it was or wasn't since I always mount a motor in such a way as the carby is always level when on both wheels, but then again, I made my own front motor mount in such a way as to be able to mount my engine like that.

View attachment 177422

View attachment 177423

Notice how much I have backed off the motor away from the front down tube with my homemade motor mount to accomplish this and the next pic show the level of it all on the bike as the end result.

View attachment 177424

This motor mount below should enable you to do the same thing without having to make your own mount though.

Nice mount. I had to file the engine case on my GT5B to get it to fit. Although my frame is small so an adapter wasn't an option.

Back