Speed Carb Question

Nice mount. I had to file the engine case on my GT5B to get it to fit. Although my frame is small so an adapter wasn't an option.
I did that two years ago but probably would have a bad time doing it now with the worsening arthritis in my hands and elswhere now...lol.

I did that two years ago but probably would have a bad time doing it now with the worsening arthritis in my hands and elswhere now...lol.
Filing is a b**ch either way. The fact that it's aluminum does help somewhat.

I've been reading that the "authentic" speed carb has a petcock attached to the carb itself. Evidently the other ones that are so popular (red air filter cover) that have asian writing on them are just NT carbs with bigger jets (or something to that effect).

I have one of those... the one with the asian writing on it... sans petcock. Would I see a benefit going to a "real" speed carb at all? I read something about the throttle body being different....
I've been reading that the "authentic" speed carb has a petcock attached to the carb itself. Evidently the other ones that are so popular (red air filter cover) that have asian writing on them are just NT carbs with bigger jets (or something to that effect).

I have one of those... the one with the asian writing on it... sans petcock. Would I see a benefit going to a "real" speed carb at all? I read something about the throttle body being different....
I have both the NT and a BoFeng carb and they are completely different. I don't see that one is better than the other. jetting is the only thing that will make either one better unless one can flow more air than the other. I am looking for jets of the BoFeng, the base of the jet that screws into the carb is a lot bigger than the NT carbs and Bikeberry does not sell them.

Welp... I got the Bofang carb above. Unfortunately... it's no bueno. I am getting 4-stroking continually at anything above 25% throttle... I've tried leaning out the needle but that's all low throttle adjustment anyway I believe... I literally get ZERO window where it's not 4-stroking after about the 25% throttle mark...

Not sure what to do other than to go back to the other carb. I don't have a jet set to play with that end...

Bummer. At least it was cheap.
you need to change to the correct jet size to stop the four stroking. I think you need to go to a smaller jet size. have you done a chop {turn of the engine off after traveling long enough as fast as you and long enough to be sure the engine is as hot as it will be} then leave the engine too cool, then take out the spark plug and check the color. black - to rich, gray - great, clear with oil too lean.

Back