speed-o-meter

which speedometer would you rather use?

• Total voters
really? thatd be great mike, how much for one? could you post a picture?

i also have a question for everyone, i have a magellan eXplorist 300 series handheld gps system that does everything and includes speedometer and road maps...everything you need...but i cracked the screen up the middle by accidend and the blue crystal stuff came out and ruined the screen...so, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD PURCHASE ANOTHER SCREEN FOR A Magellan eXplorist 300 gps? if you know, P.M. me or reply to this thread or email me at Herrmanator8@yahoo.com .

thanks, jon

Mike I would like one as well if you can get them at a good price. :) A price on a tac and speedo combo would work for me.

Herrmanator8...you'll get more exposure in buy/sell/trade for your gps need...sounds like a tough piece to find tho.

also, everyone, in general we prefer members pm sellers or visit their sites to conduct business, check our "resources" page on the top menu...thanks 8)

:LOL: oh, man, i dig those sigs :LOL:

My Target schwinn speedo would work for a few miles and then crap out and not work for a week or so and then work again. I am wary of getting another one, but maybe it was because the wire was too near the CDI box. I'll have to try this setup again...

I spotted an electronic speedo with schwinn on it for $10, but in the poll I voted that I would prefer a mechanical speedo.

They just look so much cooler I think. :D

well...i need one soon because i need to know how fast im going, mechanical, electric, or wireless. will wireless work with the CDI unit running?

jopn

Electronic Speedometers are the way to go

I like electronic speedometers for their low cost and accuracy.

I use a cheap Schwinn electronic wired 12-function speedometer from Walmart (<$10) because it has all the speed, avg speed, max speed, odometer, tripmeter, clock, scan features that I like to know after a trip. I log some of my trip specs for later reference!

The electronic speedometer has an important input parameter for wheel size that can be entered. By entering the proper wheel tire size, I get an exact speed for my bike setup. For instance, when I changed the tire on my bike from a rugged mountain tread to a street tire slick, I had to enter a new wheel tire dimension that corrected for the 6% circumferential difference. Of course, I could just look at my speedometer and know that it is 6% fast, but I like the speedometer to be exact. :D

Also, if the CHEAP speedometer breaks for any reason, it is easy to replace without any regrets. No rewiring...just buy another and pop it into the old speedometer holder. (I've already done this once) :D :D

i rode my motored bike 20 miles to walmart today. i bought the $10 schwinn speedometer with the red trimming around the screen, BEST SPEEDOMETER I HAVE EVER USED!!! :D :D , i was great, it has so many functions, no interference with cdi (the cdi is about a foot away from the speedo and magnet) i would definately recommend this speedo!

keep the receipt just in case yours is crap...

jon

Back